18 || 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐑𝐂𝐎𝐀𝐋𝐄𝐃 𝐅𝐀𝐂𝐄𝐒

𝟻 𝚆𝚎𝚎𝚔𝚜 𝚕𝚊𝚝𝚎𝚛

𝟻 𝚆𝚎𝚎𝚔𝚜 𝚕𝚊𝚝𝚎𝚛...
𝙹𝚞𝚕𝚢 𝟷𝚜𝚝, 𝟸𝟶𝟷𝟽

𝐌𝐢𝐤𝐞𝐲'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕

Regan and I made it to the town we located on the map just a few weeks ago. We claim it as our own now. It took us three days to clear out buildings for supplies and lower the population here from infected. We have plenty of supplies to keep us going. There are two beds, blankets, and more.

My awesome traveling companion had a great idea to set up traps at every corner of a building to increase our chances of catching intruders. If infected or hunters were to come through and trip on a wire, they would be shredded up into nothing.

With the scientific knowledge from both of us, Regan got the idea of smoke bombs and nail bombs. It's a great form of defense. Every time we hear a bomb go off far away or nearby, we know that we have done our duty.

The both of us gathered comic books from kid's rooms and a store around the block. These comics carried superheroes, anime, short stories, even nudity... We avoided those and kept them in a 'safer' spot-- a drawer.

Sometimes, if Regan got bored enough, I would catch her taking a peek at them in the drawer. "Don't look at them."

She groaned. "What?! I was just wiping the dust off."

"Uh-huh. Right." I said, crafting a new set of traps and tools. After I was done, I set them aside and took a granola bar from our bag by the door. Unwrapping it, I see its all crumbled up, but it's still edible. Just as I'm about to take a bite we heard a few screams, clicks, and loud footsteps thump on the ground outside.

Regan looks at the direction of the noise. "What's going on?" She whispers.

"I dunno." A piece of granola enters my mouth. The wrapper crinkles in the palm of my hand. "Maybe I should go check it out." I say, starting to walk to the door.

Regan stopped me. "Don't do that. Who knows what the infected could be after?! Intruders, or an animal." She told me as we stand in this house cellar.

"Okay." I answered. But another cluster of infected ran by again, that's what triggered me to grab my gun and a newly made machete. The girl who has been surviving with me groaned in annoyance and followed after out the cellar door with her sniper rifle.

****

𝐕𝐢𝐧𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐭'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕

So... Duke and I chose to wander off from the group just about two weeks ago. We haven't seen anyone we know since we left. Today, we were not in the best situation here in Howard's Town.

Shortly after arriving here, we explored this town to see if there were any supplies ready to be found. Just as we were going to another section of the town, Duke opened a door to an abandoned mechanic garage.