Chapter 8

-Alex Pov- (bc I can)
Ever since I bumped into the princess, I can't stop thinking about her. Every time I write, it's about her. I want to see her again... but it's weird to see a poor man talking to a rich lady, especially a princess.

"Allllleeeexxxxx," Laurens' voice snaps me out of my thoughts. "Allleexxx, what're you thinking about?"

"Is it a giirrrrlll?" Mulligan teased. I groan.

"Can a man just think about stuff other than women?" I ask.

"Non, mon ami" Lafayette says.

"Yeah, no one stares off with lovey dovey eyes, unless it's a girl," Laurens laughs. I sigh.

"So what if it is a girl?" I ask.

"Telll ussss," Mulligan says.

"No. I don't wanna just be talking about girls," I responded.

"Fiiiinnnneee," they all say.

"Anyways, did you hear about what happened this morning?" Laurens says.

"Yeah, I can't believe people would do that," Mulligan says.

"People are ruthless, I can see it happening 7 times before the revolution starts," Lafayette says.

"Wait, what happened?" I asked.

"You didn't hear?" Laurens asked.

"Obviously not. Did someone get hurt?" I asked.

"Emotionally, probably," Laurens explained.

"What happened was a large group of people went to the kings daughters house and yelled horrible things," Mulligan replied.

"They even threatened to set the house ablaze," Lafayette says.

"What? Why would people do that?" I asked.

"People don't like her, she's the kings daughter. Hell, I don't even like her," Laurens said.

"W-well, how can we not like her? We haven't met her," I said.

"Excuse me?" Laurens asked. "Are you in love with her or something? You usually hate anything or anyone that has to do with the king. What happened?"

"I mean, she can't be that bad, she can't be just like her father," I say to defend myself.

"Yeah okay, let's just have some drinks," Laurens says.