Chapter 10

-[Y/N] Pov-
Alex and I talked for a bit about random stuff.

"Anyways, I heard about what happened this morning," Alex says.

"Oh, were you there?" I asked, looking down.

"N-no! I just heard about it a couple hours ago," he responded. "I just wanted to apologize for those peoples actions."

"Uhm, it's fine, you don't have to apologize for something you didn't do," I say.

"Alright," he looks out the window. "I should get going, see you around,"

"See you around," I say. He waves and walks to the door where Charles opens the door for him. He walks out and Charles closes the door behind him.

I sigh and lean back on the chair. He's cute, I'll admit that. He has a nice personality, a nice smile, and a really nice face.

Wait, why am I thinking that? Ugh, father specifically said that I have to marry a rich man. Though I don't care about how much money someone has, father insists. Damn, I haven't met any potential rich male suitors.

Anyways, I go back in the library and go back to reading my book.

After a while, I get called for dinner. I eat, it was really good. I go to my room and Carly dresses me for bed, needless to say I was smiling the whole time. Carly leaves and I notice a letter on my bedside table.

I pick it up and examine it. It's from my father. I open it and read it. My smile dropped upon reading this.

"Dearest [Y/N],
I've decided to pick a male suitor for you. He's very nice, rich, and he's American. He lives in Virginia. Though, you'll have to wait a while to meet him, seeing as he's in France at the moment. I know, we don't like the French and he's there, but I've written a letter to him and he agreed to marring you. Oh yeah, his name is Thomas Jefferson. Anyways, I hope you're enjoying your time in America.

Love,
Daddy George III"

(Yes, daddy George)

I can't believe he would make me marry someone. Needless to say, I didn't get a lot of sleep that night.