Chapter 4

I felt the bed move next to me, making me stir slightly as I rolled over. Dom was putting his clothes back on, clearly trying to keep quiet in hopes not to wake me up.

Too late.

Me being me, I waited till Dom left the room before I actually sat up, stretching as I too slipped my clothes back on. I had just finished clipping Dom's cross necklace that he gave me on when I heard yelling.

Dom.

As I moved closer to the door, I better understood the words that were leaving his mouth. "Mia was on that train Vince, Em was on that train and your guys threatened to put a bullet to her head when they caught her!"

Vincent's voice was now heard, his voice scared and angry all at once, "I didn't know Dom. I swear, if they threatened your girl like that and I knew about it I'd warn them the other way."

"You set up the deal!" Dom yelled, causing me to open the door, seeing Dom pinning Vince to the same pillar Mia and I had hide behind before. "I thought the job was for the cars. I didn't know. All they want is the chip."

I leaned in the room doorway, crossing my arms as I watch with curiosity and confusion.

Dom punched the pillar, just by Vincent's face as he shouted, "Damn it." This caused both Vincent and I to jump slightly. "You should've come clean!"

Mia and Brain made their way out of one of the rooms, Mia immediately asking "What's going on out here?" I slowly walked over, joining the crowd as Dom pushed himself off of Vincent roughly.

"Nothing," Dom said, his eyes glancing at me as if they were asking me "How long have you been there?" Which my eyes answered "Long enough."

Vincent broke Dom and I's look with his words, begging him to give the chip back to him. "Please, Dom, just let me have the chip. I can take this to them. They'll give it to Reyes and set things right."

"Get out," Dom said, causing Vincent to give him an angry confused look. He took a step towards Dom who was now facing the ground, "What?" Dom wasted no time raising his voice, "Get out!"

Vincent starred at Dom, anger in his eyes as he looked at the rest of us, as if asking if anyone was going to say anything. No one did. Mia and Brian didn't hear everything like I did, so they just agreed with Dom, but I knew everything that was said.

"You never listen to me. Not when I told you he was a cop, and not now," Vincent said, gesturing to Brian. Dom looked at me, keeping his eyes on me as Vincent talked. I had seen that look before, but only now did I actually know what it meant.

If his eyes pulled away from mine for even a second, he's rain hell on Vincent. So he starred at me, my eyes the only thing keeping him under control.

"You never trust me and look where it's gotten us. Look at our family now. I can't go home! Your sister is stuck in this life! And Emily has no family!"

"This is my family," I spoke, my eyes looking to Vincent who looked at me. "But you, you aren't, so do yourself a favor and leave before you can't," I said through clenched teeth.

Vincent said nothing, he just looked back at Dom who was still watching me before stomping his way out, slamming the door shut behind him.

Silence filled the room for a minute, no one wanted to talk about what just happened but everyone was upset about it. Dom finally broke the silence, holding out a small chip to Brian, "Find out what's on here."

Brian took the chip, taking a seat at the small table, and plugging it into the untraceable computer. Mia followed him while Dom walked over to me, rubbing his hand up and down my arms softly, "You okay?"