Chapter 7

Once again, we were all back at the warehouse, Hans trying one last time to avoid the cameras but no matter how hard we tried, we couldn't be invisible to them. I was sitting on the couch, looking over the file when Gisele made a comment, pulling me back into the group.

"Close, but not enough," Gisele said as Hans got out of the car, walking up the stairs to all of us.

A sigh left Hans' lips as he looked over at Dom, "Dom, the window is too small, man. Only way we're going to beat the cameras is with invisible cars."

A smirk played on Dom's lips as he glanced over at Brian and me, "And I know just where to get them. Let's take a ride, boys," Dom said causing all of us to get up and climb into one of the trucks to won.

Yeah, we won a truck.

Gisele drove as we headed for the closed police station, climbing on the roof of the truck to over jump the fence. Line after line of police cars sat, ready to be taken. Roman, Brian, Dom, Hans, and I all grabbed a car, driving it out of the gate and onto the streets.

One by one, we all came to a stop in a perfect line I front of a green light, watching as it was ready to turn to red. Roman drove up last, parking by me while I sat next to Dom, who sat next to Hans, who sat next to Brian.

"Rome, what took you so long? I thought for sure you'd be showing up with some chrome spinners or something," Brian yelled over, all of our windows down.

Roman gave him a fake laugh and smile, "Real funny. I got $100,000 that says I can take you all in the next quarter-mile."

I couldn't help but drop my mouth slightly as I turned and looked at him, "In what? Monopoly money?" This caused a laugh to leave everyone's mouth. Even Roman pointed at me, "Hey, that's good, that's a good one, but if we pull off this job, I'll be paying ya with real money."

A smirk ran to my lips as I used my hair tie that always sat on my wrist to tie up my hair. A habit of mine when I race, "Alright, the next two lights. Hundred thousand."

Hans spoke up for the first time now, enjoying our comments, "We don't pull this job off, we're probably dead anyway. Let's make it a million." Brian readjusted himself in his seat, "I like that. All right, a million-dollar quarter-mile."

We all nodded making small comments to ourselves while Brian and I looked at Dom. "What do you say, Dom?" Brian asked, causing Dom to look over at me with a giant smile before looking over at Brian, "We talking or we racing?"

Quickly, everyone readjusted themselves in their seats, ready to race. My mind went over the roads in my head, recalling a few backroads and hidden roads that would get me to where I need to go much faster.

As the light turned green, everyone stepped on the case, zooming off while I held back a bit, taking a sharp right into a back alley road. My car zoomed through the backroads, making a sharp left as I drove straight ahead, a little curve giving me the advantage I wanted.

My car made another left, a smile on my face as I saw the finish line. I sped up, pulling out of the side road and back onto the road just as the guys were about to catch up with me. Everyone seemed surprise as I took the finish line by a car, turning so my car was facing all of them and stopping.

A smirk planted on my face as I looked at Hans and Roman who look in disbelief while Brain was laughing his head off. Roman stuttered over to Dom, "Hey, hey Dom, I see, I see why ya like this girl."

Dom looked at me with a proud smile, following my lead as we drove back to the warehouse that was starting to feel like home.

Mia had left to get some more food while everyone started working on their cars. "So, tell me again how you did that back there?" Roman asked, leaning against my police car while I worked on the hood.