Chapter 8

Silence filled the filled van. Hobbs drove while Elena sat next to him. Brian and Mia sat at one side of the van, their hands cuffed together. Dom, Vincent, and I sat on the other side, a glare towards Elena who kept her eyes on us.

"Are you okay?" Dom whispered to me.

"I'm fine," I said, finally peeling my eyes from Elena to look at Dom. Suddenly, Hobbs yelled out, "Ambush!" The truck next to us blew up, flipping a few times before landing on its head.

Bullets start bouncing off the bullet proof truck and windows. "Stay here," Hobbs said, grabbing his gun and jumping out of the truck.

Another truck blew up, causing the truck to shake slightly. Brian and Vincent immediately moved forward, looking at Elena, "Cut us loose!" "Come on! Cut us loose!" Brian and Vincent yelled causing Elena to look between all of us.

With a heavy sigh, Elena grabbed the keys, unlocking out cuffs and pulling out a few guns for us.

Dom, Vincent, Brian, and I grabbed a gun, jumping out of the back of the van while Elena climbed into the driver seat and Mia jumped into the passenger seat. Hobbs laid on the ground, his head whipping towards us as we started to shoot down Reyes guys.

After most of Reyes men were dead or running off, Dom walked over to Hobbs, staring down at him with no emotions. I don't know what I was expecting, but when Dom held out his hand and helped Hobbs up, I knew that Dominic Toretto was very unpredictable.

We slipped back into the truck, quickly racing off down the road. Vincent's voice was heard first after the sound of bullets became silent.

"Hey Dom."

We all turned to look at the source of the voice, meeting Vincent's worried eyes. We followed his eyes to the bleeding hand that was holding his stomach. Dom moved closer, looking at his lifelong friend with sadness.

Vincent smiled, "You've got to meet my son, Nico."

Dom nodded, a looking of sadness in his eyes, "I will." Vincent smiled, nodding, "He's a good kid. You know, we named him after you. Dominic." Dom nodded, "You've got my word, Vince."

Vincent looked at each of us, every eye contact causing his eyes to close more and more until they were eventually fully closed.

Dom turned, looking away from Vincent's now dead body. I wrapped my arms around Dom, feeling his head lay on my shoulder as he took a few deep breaths. Silence filled the van as we drove into the wrecked warehouse.

Brian called up the rest of the team, calling them back while Dom said a few last words to Vincent.

My eyes watched Dom closely as he looked down at his old friend, whispering a few words to him. After a few minutes passed, Dom pulled the blanket that covered Vincent's body over his face, doing the cross symbol, before walking over to us.

I sat on the stairs case while the group sat around me, everyone silent. Elena stood near the stairs while Hobbs leaned on a table not too far away.

Dom's hand reached down, taking hold of mine and helping me up as he walked up the stairs, "We need to move. We don't have that much time."

Hans stood up, already ready to go, "I got us a flight out. We can leave Rio in the rearview in the next five hours." I looked at Dom who stopped in the middle of taking a step, turning to look at his group. "Not to run away, to finish the job."

Gisele spoke up, looking at Dom like he was crazy, "Are you crazy, Dom? We can't."

"It's a suicide mission. That's your man over there on the table. The plan is busted! This is bullshit, man. Reyes knows we're coming!" Roman yelled, throwing his hands up in the air as he shook his head.