Chapter 6

At an army base camp, everyone had returned with smiles on their faces. Shaw and his men had been arrested and Paris was back with me, safe and sound. Paris and I were sitting on the steps, my arm wrapped around her while Dom and Brian were hugging the rest of the team.

"I can't believe they stole a 70-ton tank for a three-ounce computer chip," The army captain said to Hobbs and the DSS agent. "That 3-ounce computer chip is more deadly than 1,000 of those tanks," Hobbs said.

"What about her?" The captain asked, glancing over to Paris. I quickly stood up, ready to defend her when Dom turned and walked up to him, "Not her." "She was working with Shaw," The captain objected, getting angry.

Dom crossed his arms, "Was," He started before looking over his shoulder and smiling at Paris, "but she's always been one of us." I didn't need to look behind me to know Paris was smiling, because I was smiling wide as well.

Hans put a hand on the captain's shoulder, trying to calm him down as he said, "Let's give them a minute."

Paris stands up and walks over to me, "Emily," She said, making me turn around and face her. "I'm so sorry, I'm sorry I trusted him, I'm sorry I shot Dom, I'm sorry."

"It's okay," I said, putting my hands on her shoulders. "You were confused and alone, I'm sorry that I left you alone. I should have brought you with me or made sure you were somewhere safe before I left. Instead, I did what I wanted and left you. I'm sorry," I said, making Paris smile before hugging me again.

My eyes glanced around to find Dom had walked up the stairs and was leaning on the railing, his back to us. I pulled away, looking at Paris again, "I'll be right back."

My feet carried me up the stairs and over to Dom, my hand running across the railing as Dom looked at his feet. "Can I ask you something?" I asked, making Dom look over at me, "How did you know that there would be a car there to break our fall?"

"I didn't. Some things you just have to take on faith," Dom said with a smile, as I stopped in front of him. "You mean like I did with you when we raced for the first time."

Flashback

My hands slowly slid over the beautiful black Dodge Charger that sat towards the starting line. "Beautiful isn't it?" A 16 year old boy said, walking over to me, he had short black hair and a white T-shirt that brought out the cross necklace he wore around his neck.

"Very, I've never seen anything like it. Is it yours?" I asked, glancing at the car before returning my head to the boy that held a wide smile. "Yeah, well it was my dad's, but he passed it to me."

I nodded, looking back at the car. "Do you race?" The boy asked, making me look up at him, a smile spread across my lips before a laugh left Dominic Toretto's lips and my own. "I don't know Dominic you tell me, you're the one who's been teaching me how to race after all."

Dominic nodded, before reaching into his back pocket, handing me a pair of keys. "Here, I won you a car, take it out and give it a shot."

I smiled before taking the keys, admiring them in my hand. "And what about you? Not racing tonight?" I asked, looking back up at Dominic. He let out a laugh before shoving his hands into his jeans, "Oh, I'm racing." He turned to walk away, but my vice stopped him, "Then how am I supposed to win?"

Turning around, Dom smiled and glanced me up and down before saying, "I guess you'll just have to have some faith."

That was the first time I had raced and the first time I had won. I still believe he let me win that day though.