Chapter 2

Hospitals always freaked me out. Maybe it was because it was the number one place where people die at, or maybe because it was all white. Either way, I hated them. But what's worst about this hospital? Agent Hobb is held up here.

After the explosion at the house, Mia was sent to a friend's house at the Dominican Republic. Thanks to Dom, there is high power security walking around the whole building keeping Mia, Brian, Jack, and the soon to be baby safe.

Yeah, I was surprised too when Dom told me.

The nurse started to fill Dom and me in as we walked down the hospital hallways, towards Hobb's room.

"Shattered his collarbone, fractured his leg in two places. He only regained consciousness this morning. The first thing he said was, "Get me Dominic and Emily". It took us a bit, but when we looked at his phone, we figured you two were the ones he wanted. He's in there," She gestured to the open door in front of us.

Dom took a couple of steps, stopping in the doorway, causing me to follow him and stand on the other side of the open door.

To say Hobbs looked all beat up would be an understatement. I've never seen someone with so many casks on before. Dom broke me out of my shocked expression when he spoke, grabbing Hobb's attention, "You risk life and limb to save the free world and what do they give you? Jell-O and a bad '70s TV show."

My eyes glanced up to find an old version of Hulk, making me nod in agreement.

"You know, it's got its perks. Sponge baths ain't that bad," Hobbs said with a smile. "Dad!" A girl's voice said, causing Dom and I to now notice the young girl sitting in a hospital chair across from the man she called dad.

"Dad?" Dom and I both asked at the same time, our mouths dropping slightly.

Hobbs smiled at our reactions before motioning for his daughter to go up to Dom and me. "Honey, I want to introduce you to somebody. Their, uh, old friends. Go on and say hello.

The little girl stopped in front of Dom, crossing her arms as she looked up at him, "Dominic Toretto, right? My dad said he kicked your ass once."

Dom smile slightly and looked at Hobbs surprised, joining me in the shocked look. Though, knowing that she was Hobbs daughter, it didn't surprise me that she had a mouth like that.

"Young lady, watch your mouth," Hobbs said.

Kneeling down, I looked at the young girl and said, "Your dad's on heavy pain meds. I can understand if his history is a little hazy," I said, glancing at Hobbs who smiled and shook his head.

"All right, honey, that's enough. I want you to go get something to eat while we have a talk," Hobbs said, making the young girl nod and leave the room.

I watched her leave before looking at Hobbs, "Cute, just like you."

Hobbs laughed slightly before shaking his head at me. After a pause, Dom asked the dreaded question on our minds, "Who did this?"

A sigh left Hobbs lips, "You remember Owen Shaw?" Immediately my body tensed and my hands clenched into fists at hearing the name. "Well, this is his big bad brother. Take a look at this." Hobbs handed over a folder to Dom, causing me to look over his shoulder, "Deckard Shaw," I read.

"British Special Forces assassin. The kind of unique asset that no government would ever admit to employing," Hobbs said making Dom comment, "Black Ops boys."

"Worse, they created a monster. They felt Shaw was a necessary evil until eventually they decided he was unnecessary. The powers that be felt that he knew just a little bit too much. The asset became a liability. So they sent in 20 elite operatives to retire him."

"And they missed," I finished for him, making him slowly nod. "That was six years ago, and Shaw's been a ghost ever since."

"Until now," Dom said, glancing over at me before asking, "How do we find him?"

"The official answer is, you don't," Hobbs said, making my eyebrows raise. I opened my mouth to make a comment, but Dom beat me to it, "He killed Han. Almost killed my family."

Hobbs gestured to his many casks, "He also tried to put me in a body bag, too. Which is why when I get out, I'm gonna put a hurt on him so bad he's gonna wish his mama had kept her legs closed. But until then, my official answer to you both is stand down."

"Now, you know we can't do that," Dom said, crossing his arms.

Nodding, Hobbs said, "I do know you both. Which is why now I give you the friend-to-friend answer. You do whatever it is you gotta do. When you find that sumbitch, just do me one favor."

"What's that?" Dom asked? "Don't miss," Hobbs said, making me nod, "Never do."

With that, Dom and I left Hobbs room, heading outside to our car. Suddenly, Dom lightly grabbed my arm, stopping me. "Hey, you don't need to be a part of this. If you want to go back with Mia-"

"No. Hans was my friend, and Deckard Shaw tried to kill me too, so I'm not going anywhere," I said, standing my ground. What Dom asked me next, shocked me, "What about the wedding?"

I shrugged, "We'll just wait until we settle this and then we can get married," I said, turning to walk back to Dom's car only for him to stop me again. "What if we did it now?"

My eyes rose and I stared at Dom confused and shocked, "What?"

"What if we got married right now? Got on a plain, fly to the Dominican Republic, and got married?"

"But, don't you want your family to be there?" I asked, shocked to hear Dominic Toretto would want to get married without Mia or Brian or anyone for that matter. Dom put his hands on my arms, lightly rubbing them, "You're my family, and all I need is you. Mia and Brian will understand."

I smiled and admired my soon to be husband, "Okay," I said with a nod.

Before I knew it, Dom and I were driving his car to the airport, jumping on board, and flying to the Dominican Republic. I bought a nice, white, flowy dress while Dom bought white pants and a button up shirt.

The next thing I knew, I was standing in front of Dominic Toretto, a priest before us and ready to marry us.

Dom took my hands in his, "Do you have the rings?" The priest asked, making both Dom and I's mouth dropped slightly. "Oh my god, we forgot the most important part," I said with a laugh.

Joining me with a giant smile, Dom took off his crossed necklace that hung around his neck, "Will this do?"

The priest nodded and took the necklace, hanging it from both Dom and I's intertwined hands. "You may recite your vows now, Dominic."

"You've been my friend, longer than anyone has. You understand me, better then I even understand myself at times. You are loving, caring, and great driver," Dom said, making me laugh lightly before swallowing the rest and paying attention to him again. "We have eternity in this moment, and I wouldn't want anyone else driving right by me then you."

It took every bit of me not to lean up and kiss him. Luckily, I was able to contain the kiss and focus on my own words. Of course, I had no idea what to fully say, so I just spoke from the heart.

"You were alone, even when you had Mia, you were alone. And now you will never be alone again. I vow wherever you go, I go. You ride, I ride. You fight, I fight. And if you ever die on me, Dominic Toretto, I'm gonna die with you, because I can't imagine a world without you" I said, meaning every word of it.

"I love you, Emily. I will always love you," Dom said, leaning down and kissing me. I smiled into the kiss, kissing him back as my hands found their way to his cheeks and his hands found their way to my waste.

As we pulled away, Dom looked at the priest, "Thank you." The priest nodded before taking a step back, watching as Dom picked me up bridal style, carrying me down the aisle with a laugh escaping both of our lips.

"Looks like you're officially a Toretto," Dom said, giving me another kiss.

Sorry it's kind of short, but I hope you like it!

Do you enjoy long chapters and shorter parts? Or Short chapters with longer Parts? Comment and let me know!