Beanie//41

Shelby-
I was walking back to Jess's house and it started raining. I didn't have a jacket only my pajamas. I groaned and kept walking. Soon enough I got to her house soaking wet. I walking in and they all looked at me. I was super cold.

"Shelby you shivering!" Jess exclaims.

"Yeah that's easy to do when your soaked from the rain." I say making my way to the stairs. "I'm gonna change." They all nod and I go upstairs. I go into Jess's room and to some of my clothes. I grab my onsie and some other things. I change and go to the bathroom. I take Jess's makeup wipes and wipe it all off. I look at myself and tear up. "This is why people don't love you." I mumble to myself. I wipe my tears and put a fake smile on my face then walk downstairs.

"Shelbs?" Em asks.

"Yeah?" I ask looking at her while I walk down.

"W-where did you go when you went on the walk?" Alesa asks.

"Well I was really close to my house and I had to pee so." I say.

"Oh was there anyone else there?" Jess asks.

"No I just had to pee then I left." I lie now reaching them. I sit down.

"Mhm." They look at me.

"What?" I ask.

"Adam texted me saying max left for a walk before you left." Alesa says.

"So?" I give them a weird look.

"Well you guys dated in high school. You had a talk in the bathroom. And you both left for a walk." Em smirks at me. I hold back a blush.

"That doesn't mean anything. He might have gone for a walk but I didn't see him at home." I reply again lying. "And maybe he went for a walk for the same reason I did. You guys keep questioning me. That's probably happening to him. Especially by Ross most likely."

"And how would you know this?" Alesa asks.

"Because you guys are the people to question others just like in high school." I say frustrated. "I-I I'm sorry." I look down and get up. "Uh I need to pee." I run to the bathroom and lock the door. I slide down the wall and cry.

"Shelby let us in!" They yell banging on the door.

"No I'll just ruin the sleepover more!" I yell back chocking on sobs a little.

"Shelby your not ruining the sleepover! We know your sensitive!" Dawn yells.

"Yes I am so leave me to cry!" I yell causing me to choke on my tears. I hear footsteps so I just stay there.

20min later-

I refuse to come out of the bathroom but then I hear more footsteps coming towards the door.

"Go away!" I yell.

"Shelby its me max. Please come out we are all worried." He says in a soothing voice.

"But I'm ruining everything I should just leave Washington." I say.

"No Shelby your not ruining everything. Please come out." I breathe in and out. I get up and I reach for the lock. I open the door and run into his arms crying. "Shh it's ok we are all here for you." I nodded still crying.

"Max you did it!" Jess exclaims happily. I giggle at her slightly.

"Shed are you ok?" Max asks. I nod slightly still up against his chest. "Are you sure your holding on to me very tightly?" I look at my arms and then retract them.

"S-sorry." I look down.

"It's ok your emotional squeeze me as tight as you want." He says. I nod and hug him again.

"Well um guys I'm gonna get back to the sleepover but I'll leave you here." Jess says walking away.

"T-thanks max." I stutter letting go of him.

"For what?"

"Being so nice to me and caring. I would have never came out if you didn't try." I say looking down. I feel a hand on my shoulder.

"Shelby your a strong girl but I want to know why you locked yourself in there again?"

"I snapped at them cause they were questioning me and didn't mean to. So I ran away to cry. Your just lucky there wasn't anything sharp in there." I say looking up at him tearing up.

"Shelby please don't start again." He pleads and I nod.

"But if something happens and I need to I will."I say.

"But I don't want you to go to the hospital again." 

"I know but it helps keeping my emotions down." I say.

"Ok but we should really head down before the suspect anything cause I know Jess and Ross." Max says. I nod and we head downstairs. Everyone's eyes turn towards us.

"What?"I ask. They point to my hand. I look down at it and me and max are holding hands. I blush slightly but it's hard to see.

"It's for comfort." Max says looking at them. They shrug their shoulders except Ross and Jess who smirk at us. I shoot them a death glare and they turn back to their game. Max takes his beanie off of his head and puts it on mine. I smile at him and we continue to walk down the stairs. We sit down on the couch watching them play truth or dare.

"He shelbs why aren't you playing?" Jess asks me.

"Because I know what will happen if I do." I reply.

"whatever." She turns back to the game. I realized Max's beanie is still on my head. I take it off and hand it to him. He denies it.

"Keep it I have like 3 more." He says. I nod and put it back on my head. I start to feel tired and lay my head on his shoulder. I start to doze off until I'm finally asleep.

Hey look a chapter it's a miracle!
~bella( ͌ ³ ͌)