Evil Blonde

Finn's POV

This morning I woke up to the sound of my phone on my nightstand ringing. I thought it was my alarm, but then I looked at the screen and saw one of my best friends Gaten Matarazzo calling so I pressed the answer button. "What is it Gaten?" I ask groggily. I hear him let out a chuckle. "Finn, school starts in twenty minutes. You gotta get up." He stated. I raised my eyebrows and looked at the time on my phone. 8:10 a.m. He's right. I let out a sigh and put the phone to my ear again.

"Alright dad, I'll be there soon." I said sarcastically before hanging up the phone. Gaten and I became friends a few months ago when I got held back this year. I was supposed to go into 9th grade this year, but I misbehave and fail a lot. I hop out of bed and search around my room for something to wear. I pick up a pair of black jeans by the window and throw them on. Then I found a plain white t-shirt and my black leather jacket. My favorite thing to wear. There was no time to fix my dark brown tangled hair so I just grabbed my navy blue backpack and ran out of my bedroom.

As soon as I stepped out of my house, the cold winter air hit me in my face. I shut my front door and stuffed my hands in my jacket pockets as I made my way towards the snow covered sidewalk. It wasn't to much snow, My friend, Grace VanderWaal, popped out of my bushes in my front yard with a disappointing sigh. Grace waits for me in my bushes every morning.

She was wearing a red, Christmas themed, ugly sweater with black jeans. She doesn't have many friends. In fact, I'm her only friend. "There you are. You're gonna make us late." She says as we keep walking. I breathe out and watch the fog come out of my mouth. "I'm sorry Grace. I just over slept a bit. I stayed up all night blasting my music." I tell her.

Grace sighs. "So I saw a car parked in the driveway next to your house." She says as she adjusts the dark blue scarf around her neck. I nod as I thought about the short haired British girl next door. She was annoying. "Yeah, unfortunately I have neighbors now." I sighed out as we reached the school. "Well, nice walking with you Finn. I know you probably want to talk to your guy friends now so I'm gonna go spy on people." Grace says with a small smile. I nod and she walks away.

I look around campus to find my friend Gaten. I don't see him anywhere. Usually we hang out before the bell rings. I guess he went inside because it's to cold out. How weak of him. "Finnie!" I hear a feminine voice from behind. I recognize that voice, it's my ex girlfriend Iris Apatow. We dated for a few months last year until I found out she was cheating on me with her current boyfriend, Romeo Beckham. He was my best friend in 5th grade. Now I'm in 8th and he's in 9th and I HATE his guts. I roll my eyes and turn around to face the evil blonde. "What is it now Iris?" I ask annoyed.

Iris gives me a fake smile. I know it's fake because she is fake. "Is that anyway to talk to a lady?" She pouts and pops out her hip. I roll my eyes and sigh. "My bad, what I meant to say was piss off." I smirked and turned around to walk away. Iris skipped behind me trying to catch up to me. I got to the closed school doors and finally turned around to talk to Iris again. "Would you stop following me!" I shouted. Iris put her hand on her hip. "Relax baby. I just wanted to say happy birthday." She says.

I narrow my eyes at the blonde. "Iris, my birthday is in two weeks." I state. She pulls a tube of bright cherry red lipstick out of her pocket and takes off the cap. "Do you know what else is in two weeks?" She ask as she applies the lipstick. I throw my head back thinking of what to say. I must have not answered fast enough because Iris scoffed and rolled her eyes as I looked back at her. "The snowball!" She exclaims as she puts her lipstick in her pocket. Every year our school throws this big winter dance in the school gym. I never really went because I had no one to go with.

"Isn't Romeo your boyfriend?" I ask folding my arms. Iris frowns. "He doesn't please me like you do Finnie. Also he doesn't go here anymore so he can't attend the snowball." She pouts. I roll my eyes. "Think of this as my birthday gift to you." She adds. The bell rang signaling for us to get to our classes. I open the school doors and get inside and Iris is still behind me. "So what do you say Wolfhard? Snowball or no ball?" She questions.

I'm starting to get irritated by Iris now. I stop in my tracks and she stands in front of me. I shake my head with a smile. "Sorry. I don't go on dates with cheaters." I said and continued walking through school to get to class. This time, Iris didn't follow, thank god. I really hate her. She always wears the same red lipstick and she flirts with every guy in our school. I don't know what I ever saw in her last year. I try not to think about it to much as I arrive to class.

----------------------------------------------

I was kinda rushed, by a 3 year old, to write this