Chapter 21.2//

Song: Trying not to love you by Nickelback

Ps. Omg, listen to this song while reading this chapter.

//

Lord help me, I'm freakin' screwed.

I'm sitting on a bed in an empty room, staring at the door where Greer Evans just escaped through. My heart was still racing from our fight. I hadn't meant to yell at her, but she brought out a dark side of me. It was hard to have a rational conversation with her. Especially when she was dressed the way she had been with a guy that she had no business hanging out with.

Even after I had warned her about pretty-boy, she still ran from the room to be with him. I got a bad feeling about him. The problem was, I couldn't tell the feeling apart from the jealously that turned hot under my skin at the sight of them together.

"Yo, Kale!" Tom's voice broke through my thoughts. He stood in the doorway with a plastic cup in his hands. "That check of yours just left."

I want to scream at him that I didn't care, but he would know I was lying. Before I could talk myself out of it, I was on my feet and pushing past my friend. He called after me but I ignored him. I stumbled outside and watched as pretty-boy helped Greer into his economy car. I slipped behind the wheel of my Mustang and followed them down the street. I don't know what was going through my mind as I kept an even distance behind them.

All I knew was I had to know that Greer made it home safe. I watched as they pulled up front of her house and sat in his car. I gripped the steeling wheel in two tight fists. I pleaded silently for her to get out of the car. Every second that passed that she remained seated inside the car, my chest beat more violently against my ribs. A moment later, Greer kisses him and my vision turns red. He's smiling brightly as he exits his car and opens her door for her. He leads her to her front door.

I close my eyes. I can't watch anymore. I rest my head back against my seat and pull in a deep breath. I don't know how long I sit there with my eyes close. When I open them again, I look one last time up at Greer's house. I throw my car into drive and pass her house. I stare through her open door as I go. What I see inside makes me hit the brakes fast. All I can see is Greer with her hands on her face and tears streaming down her cheeks. I suddenly can't focus on anything else but that Bash kid standing in front of her.

I throw open my car door and run up her front lawn. I crash into her front room, yelling her name. My fists shake as I pounce on Bash. I clench my fingers in his shirt and slam him back against the wall. "Get away from her!" I barely recognize my own voice falling from my lips.

My vision goes red and the next thing I know two cops are splitting Bash and me apart. I fight against the pot-bellied cop that has my arms pinned. Greer yells at us to stop. I must have missed something, because Greer looks more frightened then she had a moment ago. I close my eyes and suck in a deep breath.