Chapter 36//

Song: Warrior by Beth Crowley

//

As usual, I'm dreading school. I stop for coffee like I do every morning, but I have Adam order mine and meet me outside. I can't risk running into Kaleb, not yet at least. I'm trying to come up with options on how to deal with our current situation.

Option 1: I could ignore him, but then again it was hard to ignore Kaleb Nixon. I'd tried that before, and he always found a way to weasel his way back in.

Option 2: I could forget it ever happened, but I don't see that happening. The second I looked into his dark eyes, I'd remember what his lips felt like on mine.

Option 3: Move to a new state and change my name. Again.

The last option sounded the best right now.

Adam walks me to our first period class, asking me what I had planned this weekend. Like usual, whatever he had planned was probably my plans as well. I haven't got around to tell Adam what happened between Kaleb and I, because I know Adam will freak out, so I'll probably tell him this weekend.

I see Olivia Connors down the hall as I'm about to turn. She sees me, too. She gives me an icy glare and I quickly pull Adam along to get away from her. I haven't spoken or seen Olivia since her party that I ran out of. I wasn't looking forward to having a conversation with her.

Mr. Hammons is already at the board when Adam and I walk into the class room. Kaleb isn't here yet, which is good. I'm really hoping that he doesn't show up at all today. That would make things so much easier.

English class passes in a boring blur. Mr. Hammons lectures the whole time. When the bell finally rings, I'm about the first one out of my seat. Adam walks me to the next class, talking a mile a minute as usual.

When lunch comes along, Adam and I sit at our usual table near the back. Cameron doesn't join us today; she's sitting across the cafeteria with a few of her friends. Adam is pushing his 'noodle surprise' around his plate.

"So, this weekend. What were you saying earlier?" I ask, placing my chin on my palm.

Adam perks up with a wide smile, "I got us invited to the coolest party!"

"You did?" I ask, surprised.

"Hey, watch it. I'm cool." He defends.

"Of course, you are." I laugh. "Whose party?"

"It's a college party!"

"College?" I ask with a gulp. The last college party I'd been to hadn't exactly been fun.

"Yep. At this frat on campus. I was told that it would be the party of year." He explains. "We have to go."

"But we're high school kids. Why would college students want us at their party?" I ask.