Chapter 24//

Song: Flaws by Olly Murs

//

Kaleb drops me off at my house twenty minutes later. We barely talked the whole car ride. I was afraid to open my mouth. I was bursting at the seams to ask Kaleb about his father. I knew it wasn't a good subject though. The few times I'd begun to ask him about his parents, he had shut down. I could understand though. I hated talking about my parents, too. Probably for a different reason than Kaleb had though.

I'm still sitting in beside Kaleb several minutes after he placed his car in park. We both stare up at my house. I don't want to go in. I'm afraid of what I'll see. I'm afraid to let my mind wonder to what happened last night.

"Do you want me to walk you up?" Kaleb breaks the silence a moment later.

I shake my head, "No, it's alright."

"You sure?" He asks again.

I nod, "I'm alright." I place my hand on the door handle and pause. "Thanks again, Kaleb."

He nods, "I'll see you later, Greer."

I give him a smile and then exit the comfort of his Mustang. My feet carry me slowly to my front door. I turn the knob and step into my foyer. Last night, the floor had been covered in broken glass. Someone had cleaned that up. The furniture had been returned to their places. If I hadn't seen it myself, I would say that the break in had never happened.

I step further into the house to look closer at everything. Besides the TV missing in the living room, it looked the same as it had been before the break in. Everything looked practically the same.

"Oh, Greer. I didn't hear you come in." Leo comes walking into the hallway where I'm standing. He's carrying several files under his arm.

"It looks good in here." I comment.

Leo nods, his eyes skirting around our house. "Yeah, it does. You can barely notice that anything happened."

"I'm tired. I think I'm going to go lay down." I tell him.

"You feeling okay?" He asks.

I nod, "Yeah. Just tired."

"Okay. I'll be here when you get up." He tells me and watches me walk down the hallway to my room.

I pause before stepping inside. I hadn't seen what it looked like last night. I notice the differences straight away. Most of the books I had once had on my shelf are missing. The desk I had in my corner is gone, leaving an empty space in my room. There's new pillows with new pillow cases on my bed, along with a new bedspread. I sigh and plop myself onto my bed. I instantly realize that I have a new mattress as well. That's weird.

//

I don't even remember falling asleep, but when I wake up Leo is poking his head into my room. "You hungry?" I push myself in a sitting position with a yawn. I nod. "Good, I ordered some noodles from the Chinese restaurant in town."