Chapter 33//

Song: Blood by Paul Butcher and Taylor hill

PS. Watch this music video. Any one seen Zoey 101? But, really. Watch this video. It's so important.

//

Adam is calling my name, but I can't get myself to answer him. I'm freaking out. My heart is hammering inside my chest and in my ears. My throat has dried up. Fear grips me tight and won't let me go. I don't know what to do. My eyes stare straight out the window. I was seeing the person more and more lately.

"Greer, what is it?" Adam grips my shoulders tight and brings me back to reality. "What's wrong?"

"There was someone-" I break off, my word die in my throat.

Adam follows my eye line, "Was it the same person outside your window?"

I nod, hugging myself tightly. "I'm going insane."

"It's okay, Greer." Adam snakes an arm around me. "It's probably just stress and lack of sleep."

"You're right." I nod quickly, shaking myself out of a daze. "Yeah, I haven't been sleeping well lately."

"Maybe you should take the day off, go home, and sleep it off." He tells me, stepping up to the counter and ordering both our coffees. He hands over a ten dollar bill and we step away to wait.

"No, I can't. I just took a day off." I answer.

"Okay, if you're sure."

"I'm fine." I give him a sad smile.

//

Kaleb is already in English class when I get there, which is odd. His eyes meet mine from across the room and a smile works its way across his lips. He doesn't look tired like he has been. He finally looks back to his old self: leather jacket and charming smirk.

When I take my seat, he turns in his to face me. "You busy tonight?"

I'm caught off guard. I stare at him a moment before meeting his inquisitive gaze. "Um-yeah, for what?"

"Irene is going out with some friends, I guess, and she asked me to watch Sofia. I promised Sof I would ask if you were free for a play date." He rolls his eyes.

I smile brightly, "I think I can make an appearance."

"Great, it's a date then." His eyes go wide at the word. "I mean, a play date." I give him a taunting smirk. "Whatever, just be there at six. I'm cooking." With that, he spins back around and faces the front of the classroom.

//

I stand in front of my closest trying to decide what to wear. I don't know why I was stressing over it so much, it was just Kaleb. I finally decide on a pair of jeans and my favorite blouse. I throw on my jean jacket and head for the door. Leo is sitting at the table, files scattered around him.