Chapter 28//

Song: The Truth by James Arthur

Ps. I could probably find a James Arthur song for every chapter. I love him so much. Also, please don't be a silent reader.

//

The rest of the week passes in a blur. Adam tries hard to talk me out of my slump, but I can't stop thinking about Bash. He hasn't texted me at all this week. Even worse, Kaleb has been avoiding me as well. He's come to school even less lately. And when he is at school, he looks exhausted and run down. I wonder what's going on with him, but I can't bring myself to talk to him either.

When Friday rolls around, everyone is talking about Olivia Connors' party. Apparently It's going to be the party of the year. Adam's going and he invited Cameron, the girl from the bowling alley. He asked me to come along, but I said no real quick. The last time I went to one of Olivia's parties hadn't turned out well.

I'm sitting in my car staring up at my house, afraid to go inside. Leo isn't home. He left me a voice mail earlier saying he wasn't even sure when he was going to be home. He even made a note, like always, saying that he had a police officer patrolling the area tonight. I don't know how he has so much authority in the police station, but I'm thankful for it. I'm still a little freaked about what happened the other night. I haven't talk to Bash, but Adam was sure it was him.

I finally get out of my car and step into my silent house. Now a days, the silence is loud and deafening. I wish I could shut it out. Silence leaves too many holes in my mind to let in the dark thoughts. I power on my stereo to drown out the silence and my music streams through the house. I plop down at my desk and start sorting out the edge pieces to a puzzle Leo bought me awhile back. He said that it would help my mind keep occupied. Sometimes I wish I was like my puzzles: with all it's pieces matching up perfectly. Instead, I was like a puzzle that had too many pieces missing to ever be whole again. It was starting to become overwhelming.

I finally give up on the puzzle and try to get some homework done. I can't even focus on the math equations though. I scribble down some incoherent answers and push my notebook away. I need something else to get my mind off tonight.

My phone buzzes to life and I've never been so relieved. I pick it up quickly to see a text from Adam. He's once again begging me to go to Olivia's party tonight. He even promises that he won't leave my side all night. I don't him to promise that though, because he's bringing Cameron along with him.

I think it over a moment, but end up saying yes. I stand to my feet and stand in front of my closest to try and find something to wear. I picked out my favorite blue off the shoulder tee, a pair of black skinny jeans, and my black Vans. I curl my hair easily and do my makeup dark.

When it's time to leave I lock the front door behind me and walk towards my car. I plug my phone up to the speakers and play my favorite song. I'm determined to make tonight a good night. I'm not going to let my current situation drag me down.