Chapter 2

Taylor's POV:

"I'm sorry Hayes I just really think that we should be friends for now. I don't want to ruin our friendship. I really like you, I do but just not right now, especially with you leaving to go to the Magcon tour soon." I decided. Hayes looked down and stared at the ground.

Hayes then sprinted out of the ice cream parlor.

"Hayes! Hayes stop!" I yelled after him. I sprinted after Hayes but he wouldn't stop running.

I finally ran out of breath and I walked the rest of the way home. When I got to my block, I walked up to Hayes's house and rung the doorbell.

His mom greeted me at the door with a large smile.

"Hi Taylor! How can I help you?" She asked me.

"Hi Mrs.Grier, ummm I was actually looking for Hayes." I replied.

"I don't know where Hayes is. He never came home. I thought that he was with you." Mrs. Grier told me nervously.

"I will go find him." I said back. There was only one more other place that Hayes could be.

When we were little, we built a treehouse in the forest that was right across the street from our houses.

We used to play there all the time. That was also where we shared our deepest secrets and we told each other how we felt.

If Hayes went anywhere, he would go there to cool off. I walked up to the tree and then began to climb up the ladder.

"Hayes!" I called out. No answer. "Hayes!" I said a little louder. No answer.

I reached the top and looked inside. I found a miserable and sad looking Hayes cuddled up into a ball in the corner of the tree house.

"Hayes? Did I say something wrong?" I asked him.

"I thought you liked me back. I was embarrassed when you rejected me so I ran. I couldn't face it." He admitted.

"Its ok Hayes. Look, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to hurt your feelings. And in all honesty, I do like you more than as a friend, its just that I don't think right now is a good time with you going off on the Magcon tour." I told him.

"You do?"

"Yeah I like you. A lot." I smiled, blushing.

"Well I guess I understand. Its just that I will miss you a lot." He told me.

"Yeah. I will miss you too."

At that moment, Hayes uncurled from his ball and crawled over to me. He looked me in the eyes and then leaned into to connect his lips with mine.

Hayes POV:

I connected my lips with hers and felt an immediate shock of fireworks. I moved my tongue around, wanting to save this moment, this feeling and hold onto it forever.

She kissed me back, passionately. We were then backed into a corner.

"I love you." I whispered softly.

"I love you too." She replied, moments later.

We broke the kiss but our noses still touching. She flashed her beautiful smile that I fell in love with. I smiled back, wanting to keep this moment forever.

I replayed her words and her voice over and over again in my head.

"I love you." She said back. I love you, I love you, I love you, they replayed.

I wrapped my arm around her and kissed her forehead. We stayed like this for a while, cuddled up.

Finally it began to get dark, so we went back to our house.

"Stay over tonight?" I asked her.

"Sure. If its ok with your mom." Taylor replied.

"Yeah shes cool with it."

"Ok."

We ate dinner with my family and we went up to my room. Nash was "watching a movie" with his girlfriend, Addison, who is also my 16 year old sister.

Taylor and I decided to watch a movie too in my room. She picked The Notebook which I absolutely did NOT want to watch.

I hated cheesy chick flicks like The Notebook. Especially all of those Nicholas Sparks books that have became movies but it made Taylor happy so I was happy.

She cried throughout the movie, me watching her ball her eyes out at certain scenes then awwwing at different scenes. She especially broke down in the end when the couple died together in each others arms.

"I want to have a love story like that. Besides her leaving him and getting engaged to the other guy." She told me.

"Yeah maybe I can give that to you." I replied.

"Yeah maybe." She said back. She yawned and looked really tired. I scooped her up from the couch and placed her on top of the bed.

She began screaming and flailing her arms out trying to get me to stop.

"Goodnight babe." I told her.

"Goodnight babe." She said putting emphases on the word babe.

I chuckled and laid down next to her in the bed, falling asleep, listening to the steady rhythm of her breathing.

*************************************

Hey guys! I hope y'all like it so far! I update like every two-three days depending on my schedule.

Let me know if I should change some things and give me some suggestions or ideas on what I should do with the story.

I'm open for creative ideas. Thanks guys. I'm hoping that I will get at least 50 reads since this is my first book. Let me know what you think of it. Thanks!

-haddie_11