i. tattoo

[ start of tattoo part one ]

ELEANOR'S FEET HIT the soft tarmac of the runway firmly as she stepped off of the plane, smiling happily at the sun glaring down at her pale face as she turned back to look at Jaden.

The twins had spent the entirety of their summer in the United Kingdom due to the recent events of Jackson becoming a werewolf; they had volunteered to spend their summer with him to teach him the werewolf 101.

It had been nice to return to England after leaving to America when their adopted parents had landed themselves in a fatal car crash, and they were happy to help the new werewolf with his newfound abilities, especially if it meant they could return to their - sort of - roots.

The one thing that they hadn't missed though, was the weather. It was absolutely miserable, constant downpour that the twins detested and Jackson complained about nearly every single day. Eleanor and Jaden loved their past, but they were ecstatic to be home in the sun.

Eleanor turned to look at Jaden as they entered the airport and headed toward baggage claim, both smiling gleefully at the fact that they were home and could finally relax for the next few days before junior year came into full play.

They took no time in flying through passport control, claiming their luggage and darting towards the arrival area, where they knew their older brother would be waiting for them. The sliding doors opened instantaneously as the twins moved toward them and Eleanor's eyes searched the several family members waiting for their sons or daughters.

Her smile widened considerably as her eyes found Derek's, squealing in delight as she raced toward him, discarding her suitcase on the floor as she approached him. She jumped into his awaiting arms without warning, her arms wrapped across his shoulders as her feet dangled just above the floor while Derek held her to his chest.

Soon afterward, her feet hit the tired floor softly and her and her older brother departed, to make way for Jaden to greet Derek. He took the more subtle approach of smiling at Derek and strolling up to him, pulling him into a brotherly hug that lasted a mere few seconds.

Derek smiled at the both of them, eyeing their suitcases. "How was London?"

Eleanor and Jaden shrugged their shoulders, Eleanor picking her suitcase up from the floor where she had abandoned it minutes before hand, before turning back to answer her brother's question.

"Nothing we're not used to. Horrible weather."

Derek smiled at her complaint. "What about Jackson?"