xxx. insatiable

[ start of insatiable ]

  ELEANOR WAS PRACTICALLY an expert in finding her loved ones. Those nearest and dearest to her always seemed to hold the habit of falling off the face of the earth, getting themselves into trouble or in this case: kidnapped. The young Hale should have been used to the panic and drama that came with a missing friend, though she could admit it never got easier. It was sad, really. Sad that a teenager was familiar with the nauseous feeling in her stomach that she endured in this sort of situation. Sad that this happened so often for it to be considered normal.

  Empathy abilities were always a bonus in these situations and Eleanor was only ever grateful for her powers in these given moments; when there was no hope left and someone was in desperate need of saving. Her empathy didn't give her the answer to Lydia's whereabouts, though it gave her small hints and clues as she could feel what her red headed friend was thinking and feeling.

After leaving Deaton to help Aiden, Isaac and Derek, whom had all been possessed momentarily by the Nogitsune, Eleanor set to work. The first thing she received when she focused her energy on connecting to Lydia was fear, unsurprisingly. Fear was imbedded deep within the soul and undoubtedly there, although it was buried underneath a strong sense of determination that Eleanor couldn't help but feel incredibly proud of. Although the situation was awful and nerve wracking, Eleanor was glad and hopeful that Lydia was strong willed and determined to find an escape from Nogitsune. In the midst of all emotions, Eleanor felt a breeze drift over her body and she realised the Lydia was in a cold, damp place; her first clue.

  As she payed more attention to what Lydia was felling, Eleanor seemed to draw an image in her brain of where her best friend may have been taken hostage. Slowly but surely, the teenager depicted a destination that she had only heard of in Beacon Hills. Oak Creek was a dull and abandoned camp that hadn't been used in decades, surrounded by tall metal gates that were deeply soiled in moss. Eleanor recalled the name from a conversation she had with Scott a few days prior, when Mr Yukimura had listened to the Japanese voicemail left idol on Allison's phone.

  The walk to the camp was treacherous but Eleanor didn't mind the walk to clear her head. It took her longer than usual to arrive, her pace rather sedate and her movements more laboured; she had begun to shiver and her face was paling as time ticked by. The brunette presumed this was because of the split between her and Nogitsune, that as she was getting worse, Void was getting better and stronger; she knew very well that it wasn't a good sign. On her walk she also acquired two new bullet wounds on her leg and arm, sensed from both Ethan and Aiden. The worry she held for her friends grew and the wounds ached tirelessly; and still, Eleanor powered on and within half an hour, had arrived at Oak Creek.

  The sky was beginning to grey and the metal gates rattled against the current of the wind, creating an eerie and tense atmosphere that Eleanor tried her best to ignore. Slipping past the gates, the young Hale followed her gut and led her way through the back corridors of the camp, her footsteps echoing across the damp stoned floor. Eleanor let her body do the work as her senses overloaded with a presence, a hundred or so metres away. Her movements slowed and all of a sudden, the young werewolf was overwhelming anxious about coming face to face with the enemy. It had been living inside of her for what seemed like a lifetime and now it was hosting itself in a replica of her own body, and there was nothing she could do about it.