vi. unleashed

[ start of unleashed ]

IT WAS TWO DAYS AFTER THE unearthing of the 'human sacrifices' so to speak, and it was the day of cross - country for the entire lacrosse team. However, Stiles had more important things on his mind. And while he voiced his concerns to Scott about his lack of sex life, Eleanor argued with Coach.

It wasn't a full blown argument, and it wasn't deadly serious. But Eleanor was.

"No. Absolutely not." Crossing her arms over her chest, she pouted.

Coach sighed and shook his head in dismay, grabbing his coat and his whistle from the pegs on the wall. "Sorry Elle, but this time you don't have a choice. Cross - country isn't an option for the team, and technically, you're part of the team."

Eleanor huffed. "Then take me off the team for a day! It's cold and I get all sweaty and disgusting when I run."

"No can do, Elle." He frowned sarcastically at her and pushed her back into the locker room, where the boys had finished getting changed. "Now go stand with your boyfriend."

Eleanor scowled at the comment. "He is not my boyfriend!"

And all Bobby Finstock did was chuckle, shaking his head at the girl as he blew his whistle for the boys to get a move on.

A few minutes later, they were all making their way from the school and into the preserve - where the running trail was to complete their cross country course. Eleanor's arms stayed crossed across her chest, a permanent frown on her lips as she walked in between Stiles and Isaac.

Coach assembled them at the make-shift 'start line' that was scribed in the dirt beneath the students feet and put his whistle between his lips, waiting impatiently as the students took their time to ready themselves for the run ahead.

Eleanor sighed and looked down at Isaac, whom was tying his shoelace, and frowned once she realised that he had stopped his actions. Paying close attention, her eyes followed his focus to - Aiden and Ethan.

She winced, already sensing that Isaac had cottoned on to what the twins were. He finished tying his shoelace and stood up, turning to face Scott, Stiles, Eleanor and Jaden before she could say anything.

  His eyes glowed subconsciously as he spoke. "It's them."

  Before she had a chance to open her mouth and stop his next actions, Coach blew his whistle and Isaac turned on his heel, immediately chasing after the twins as they began to run at a faster speed than any of their peers.

  "Isaac! Isaac, wait!" And she took off after him, leaving Scott and Stiles thoroughly confused and Jaden worried.

  Eleanor and Isaac were working at the same pace, Eleanor a mere few meters behind the curly haired beta as his eyes glowered at the twins in front of them. Eleanor bit her lip and paced on, calling his name to try and slow the boy down.