xxv. letharia vulpina

[ start of letharia vulpina part two ]

ALTHOUGH COACH WAS taken off to hospital and the teenagers were told he would make a full recovery, Eleanor felt sick to her stomach; she couldn't help but feel nauseated at the sight of her own hands covered in Bobby's blood.

Throughout the majority of her time living in Beacon Hills, Bobby had acted like a father Eleanor never had and to see him so vulnerable and in danger had really hit close to home. The man meant a hell of a lot to her, had been through some tough times with her, and the very thought of losing him imprinted itself into her brain like a lick-on stamp. Impossible to remove.

The thought festered and grew upon the revelation that Stiles - well, Void Stiles - was the mastermind behind the sickening trick played against her adoptive father.

Eleanor knew, in fact she had to remind herself every hour as the days came and went, that it wasn't Stiles' fault that any of these disasters were occurring. It wasn't his fault at all. In fact, Eleanor had trouble blaming anybody but herself for the disruptions in what could have been a very normal, peace filled day.

The reason the nogitsune existed inside Stiles' head was, primarily, her doing. She had been the one to connect to him whilst making his deathly sacrifice for his father, Eleanor had been the one to ignore all the signs of chaos the following weeks after the sacrifice and she hadn't helped him to close the door in his mind. It had begun to seem like Eleanor brought pain wherever she went to, or that the pain followed her.

And as she sat in the back of Noah Stilinski's SUV, staring down at her hands that had now rid of the black, destructive ridden veins that had previously been travelling through Bobby's hands and into her own, she couldn't seem to get the colour red out of her mind.

Taking Bobby's pain was a natural given but the blood staining her hands drew her back into reality. Like an ice cold bucket of water had drenched her entire being, Eleanor felt a raw, polar feeling sliver up her back; her knees buckled in her seat and she couldn't bring herself to draw her eyes away from her hands and to the school bus hundreds of metres away.

After allowing the paramedics to stretcher Coach into an ambulance and take him to the hospital, Eleanor and her friends took the liberty of raiding Stiles' jeep whilst he and his father were reuniting. They figured that if they were to try and find any clue as to what the hell Stiles had been up to in his missing hours, a good guess was his beloved Roscoe.

They were not wrong.

The group, that being of Scott, Aiden, Ethan and Eleanor, were not sorely mistaken upon finding wrapping paper and a box of bolts, nuts and screws.