xii. the girl who knew too much

[ start of the girl who knew too much part two ]

AS ELEANOR WATCHED students gather with their families and take seats before the stage, she felt something.

She didn't what it was; couldn't identify what it meant or why, but Eleanor knew that it was something. She wanted to dismiss it as the anger she felt about Derek and Cora, but she knew it wouldn't have been that.

She had just gotten off the phone with her older brother, whom was apparently furious that she had been speaking to Aiden and even more angry that Eleanor 'let Cora get hurt'. According to Derek, she was seriously injured and it was all blamed on her and her friends.

But as the feeling grew stronger, she only wished that anger was what she was feeling.

Eleanor hummed, her eyes scanning the room as she bit her lip. "Something doesn't feel right."

"What do you mean?" Scott was looking at her, a questioning and worried glimmer in his eye at the words Eleanor spoke.

"I don't know what it is." Eleanor shook her head, uncrossing her arms from her chest. "But something feels wrong. I'm going to go and find Lyds - make sure she hasn't found anything else."

Scott nodded but shot her a concerned side eye as she left the auditorium, entering the now empty and echoing hallways. If it wasn't for the echo, and her heightened werewolf hearing, she may not have landed herself in the situation she did.

Eleanor heard a small, muffled gasp that made her hairs stand on end and her breath shorten. She could tell the noise had come from Lydia, and that it was at least a few halls away. She rubbed at her wrists, feeling tense and stiff, as she continued down the hall.

Immediately, she set about locating the girl, hoping that one of the boys would sense something was up and send someone to find her. She could tell Lydia was in distress, and that whatever she had reacted to wasn't good.

And as she entered the classroom where Lydia was sat, tied to a chair, tears staining her eyes and Jennifer stood above her, Eleanor knew her instincts were correct.

Unnoticed, she watched as Lydia begged. "Please stop."

"Oh, I wish I could, but you don't know the alpha's like I do."

Eleanor furrowed her eyebrows and shook her head. "And you, Jennifer, don't know them like I do. Whatever you think you're about to do, it won't happen. You've made enough sacrifices."

Jennifer only walked aimlessly behind Lydia, as if she knew that Eleanor was going to make an appearance. Lydia bit her lip and turned to her best friend, a helpless look in her eye.

"Oh, Eleanor. Lydia isn't a sacrifice, she's just a girl who knew too much."

And with one swift motion, she was trying to slip a garrotte round Lydia's neck. Eleanor sprang into action, moving towards Jennifer to pull her hands away from Lydia - the strawberry blonde never deserved the life the werewolves had given her.