xiv. alpha pact

[ start of alpha pact part one ]

FALLING TO HIS KNEES, Jaden hovered over his brother and sent the first of many slaps to his cheeks. After loosing Scott to Deucalion and heading back to Derek in the elevator, they found he was still unconscious and he wasn't waking up.

Eleanor bit her lip as Stiles called his name profusely. "Derek!"

With nothing left to lose, Stiles bent down and curled his hand into a tight fist, lunging to meet Derek's face. However, a hand flew out to stop it and Derek opened his eyes, glaring straight at Stiles.

"Where is she?" He looked around frantically and then up at Eleanor whom looked extremely upset.

"Jennifer? Gone, with Scott's mom."

Derek's eyes went wide in disbelief. "She took her?"

"Yeah, and if that's not a kick in the balls, Scott left with Deucalion. So we need to get you out of here - the police are coming so we need to get you out of here right now!" Stiles spoke frantically, pulling Derek's hand to help him to his feet.

Derek furrowed his eyebrows at his words. "Woah, woah. What about Cora?"

"She's safe, Derek. I made sure she was safe."

He looked up to give her a grateful smile, one that was also filled with guilt for what he had previously said to her. Eleanor grabbed Stiles' hand in hers as Jaden let Derek cling on to him for balance.

"Stiles and I are going to stay here and talk to the cops - give everyone some more time to figure out what to do next. Jaden will take you to Cora."

And that's exactly what they did. Eleanor and Stiles made their way into the waiting room of the hospital as Derek and Jaden went elsewhere to catch up with Isaac, Peter, Cora and the Argents, and it wasn't long before deputy after deputy arrived at the hospital and started asking Eleanor and Stiles questions.

However, the last person to interrogate them was the worst of all.

They sat, holding each other's hands and staring idly at the empty hallways when they heard somebody approaching. Turning to their right, they found the last person they would ever want to be dealing with.

"Oh, just perfect."

"A Stilinski at the centre of this whole mess. What a shocker."

"Mr. Mccall! Haven't seen you in ages. What, got tired of playing the deadbeat dad?" Eleanor replied simply, sending him an overjoyed fake smile.