iii. chaos rising

[ start of chaos rising part one ]

HER THIRD DAY back on US soil and Eleanor Hale was attending a party. A gigantic, heaving, blasting music house party that she wasn't so sure she had even been invited to. She wasn't too sure whether she even wanted to go.

  Both her and Jaden had received a call early on that day from a very reluctant Scott. Stiles had invited him to an old friends birthday party, and Scott certainly was not in the mood, and did not want to attend on his own. Thus, the twins were brought along too.

  So now they were walking the sidewalk, struggling to all walk together as they approached the house. Stiles had parked Roscoe down the side of the street, avoiding all yellow lines to ensure he wouldn't receive a ticket, and so they were made to walk.

  Eleanor grimaced as she heard the sound of loud music from houses down, and tried to listen to the sound of her heels clicking against the pavement instead. It wasn't working.

  "What?"

  Eleanor furrowed her eyebrows and turned to see Stiles staring. "What do you mean 'what'?"

  "I mean 'what'? You know what."

  Eleanor shot him an incredulous look and wrapped her arms around herself for warmth. "What?"

  "You we're giving me that look. You all were. There was a distinct look."

  Jaden rolled his eyes and turned to his left, looking past Scott to question what Stiles was talking about. "What look?"

  "The look that says that the last thing you want to be doing right now is going to a party." Stiles droned, pointing his finger at the three friends, whom each rolled their eyes at the statement. He wasn't wrong.

  "No, that's not it." Eleanor tried, although it were completely true on her part. Her mind was filtered with anxiety to return to school on Monday and live among Ethan and Aiden without giving anything away. But still, she didn't want to be rude. "It just seemed a little weird that we're going to another high school's party."

  "W - what, would you - ah, oh god. One drink! One drink and you'll be fine, alright? I went to nursery school with this girl. She promised to introduce us to all of her friends."

  The look he shot Jaden and Scott was something that made Eleanor feel nauseous. And suddenly, she really did not want to be with them at this party. From the look that had just been given, Eleanor could tell that they were intending on hooking up and getting laid tonight, and she was going to have to stand by and let it happen.