xxvii. the fox and the wolf

[ start of the fox and the wolf ]

WHEN ELEANOR AWOKE from her dazed unconscious, she knew immediately that her superstition had been proved correct. The night before, she was so sure that something was wrong and that her gut feeling was trying to desperately to tell her something; something bad was about to take place that she had no control over.

  No control was exactly the problem.

  As soon as Eleanor's eyes flickered open and endeavoured the morning sun, she wasn't herself. Bestowed in her own body with nothing to do but watch as the nogitsune took over her completely, trapped and suffocating in the diety's presence. Previously, the nogitsune had flittered in and out of her body, teasing her with its phantom. This time felt different.

  Void Eleanor, she named it. Void Eleanor had wrapped and tangled itself in the weeds of Eleanor's mind and this time, there was no way of cutting Void out. Nogitsune had dug into her roots and was there to stay, for good.

  Eleanor dreaded to think what this meant for Stiles. She dreaded to think what Void Stiles and Void Eleanor we're capable of together with no restrictions. The young Hale was terrified.

  Void Eleanor held the upper hand in this scenario. Eleanor's friends were yet to find out about her mirroring situation of Stiles' and therefore, the demon would find it painstakingly easy to hurt the people closest to her with only the embodiment of Eleanor to help.

  And so whilst Eleanor begged and pleaded and cried with all her might to fight against her own body, Void Eleanor made her way to the Sheriff station. Surrounded by the people Eleanor loved so dearly.

  But this wasn't to hurt Eleanor's friends and family; nogitsune would save that for a later date. The one thing that the trickster needed to focus on was not being caught out; the demon needed to continue acting like Eleanor would have. So, what best way to do it than help try and find Stiles.

Upon arriving at the Sheriff station, Void Eleanor's wishes had been fulfilled. Standing there, in plain sight in front of Noah was Eleanor's beloved brother Derek, along with Argent. Feigning a relieved smile, Void entered the room silently in the midst of Stilinski talking to the pair of them. He didn't even spare her a glance as she entered, too engrossed in the conversation at hand.

  "The specialist I saw in LA told me the thing that every doctor says when he's trying to avoid a lawsuit. 'We can't say for sure'. And then I spoke with Melissa. These are brain scans. My wife's and Stiles'. I knew they were similar but those are the same. Exactly the same."

  Void Eleanor peered over the desk as he finished explaining his troubles and stuck a obnoxious frown upon her lips, stimulating her 'sadness' for all to see, her eyes clouding ever so slightly as she looked to her older brother for answers that she knew he wouldn't have. Void had to fight back the urge to smirk, honestly.