xiii. the over looked

[ start of the overlooked ]

  JENNIFER'S EYES LIT UP upon finding that what she had said had some sort of control over Derek, for he let the pressure on her neck go and waited for an explanation.

  "Call Peter. Call him!" She urged, watching as Derek nodded to Eleanor, confirming that she should phone her uncle.

  Hesitantly, the brunette pulled out the phone from her back pocket and found her uncles contact, pressing the phone to her ear as she eyed Jennifer cautiously. Something about the whole situation felt too stressed.

  "Hello?" She put the call on speaker and awaited Peter's answer.

  "It's not good, El. She's in and out of consciousness, she's vomiting up black blood along with one another disturbing substance."

  Eleanor's eyes fell at the comment and she let out a whisper as a reply. "Mistletoe."

  Jennifer grinned as the words fell from her lips and squirmed at the comments Peter had made about her sister. She didn't know Cora that well at all, and from what she could tell her older sister hated her, so she wasn't too sure how she felt about it all.

  "How did you know that?" Peter questioned.

  But she hung up immediately as she watched Derek squeeze at Jennifer's throat once more. The teenagers' eyes widened at his actions and jumped forward, trying desperately to stop him. They would never be able to find Noah or save Cora with Jennifer being six feet under.

  "Derek!" Scott shouted, trying to catch his attention. "Derek, what are you doing?"

  "Her life... it's in my hands!"

  The croak coming from Jennifer's mouth made Eleanor even more anxious as she realised her brother would not stop until the teacher was dead.

  "Stop Derek! Think about what you're doing!"

  "Stilinski, you'll never find him."

  Stiles cleared his throat as his eyes filled with tears. "Please, Derek."

  "Derek!" Jaden shouted, rushing towards him and pulling him and his hand away from the woman, struggling against him as Jennifer gasped for fresh air.

  "That's right." Jennifer spoke, her voice hoarse but her smile not unnoticed. "You need me - all of you."

....