friends

[ start of friends ]

DURING ELEANOR'S STAY in Paris with Argent, Isaac and Jaden, she had befriended many people; supernatural and mundane. Though it became evident rather early on in the trip that one girl in particular would become important to her.

  Lucy entered Eleanor's life on their first day in the French capital, offering a welcome respite from the solitude of being the only girl. The young Hale quickly realized Lucy was an ever-present confidante, genuinely caring for her.

The young Hale found very quickly that Lucy was the type of person you could speak to at any given time and she would always be there to listen. The genuine care she showed for Eleanor at an early stage had brought them closer and closer, and it made the empath realise just how much she had missed having a sincere friend by her side. It almost made her miss the pack she had left behind in Beacon Hills. Almost.

  Belonging to a pack of her own, Lucy provided not just friendship but also a protective shield for Eleanor and her surrogate family, shielding them from the vulnerability of being perceived as omegas.

The teenager was a beta with golden blonde hair and eyes that glowed gold in danger, though in Paris this was a rare occurrence. The girl had an amazing dress sense and had revamped Eleanor's entire wardrobe within the first week they had met; images of her redheaded friend from home often filled her mind when she thought of their similarities.

  Lucy not only had a keen fashion sense but also a compassionate ear. She played a pivotal role in Eleanor's healing journey, urging her to share her past. Within the first month of them meeting, she had managed to convince Eleanor to unravel the painful truth about Allison's recent death, and could immediately sense her own culpability.

  The details of that fateful night struggled to pass Eleanor's lips. The idea that saying out loud would make it all the more real was evident in her mannerisms. Her empathy abilities, feelings for her childhood best friend and the blame she undeniably felt for Allison's death made for an unbearable confession to Lucy; she struggled to admit the truth because she was scared that Lucy would blame her too.

  Though to Eleanor's surprise, Lucy merely encouraged Eleanor to continue sharing her story, handing her the occasional tissue or squeezing her hand supportively in breaks of speech. The feeling of unearthing such a story, with no repercussions, made Eleanor feel like she had lost a weight from her chest.

  However, there remained a bank of untold pain behind her eyes, prompting Eleanor and Lucy to wander along the pebbled shore, where Eleanor had promised to reveal the remaining chapters of her story.

  As they strolled, Eleanor recounted Aiden's passing, a loss that resonated so deep and painful that it almost felt like she was losing him all over again.