xvi. lunar eclipse

[ start of lunar eclipse ]

  ELEANOR DID NOT WAKE UP for quite some time after she fell unconscious, much like the trio whom had sacrificed themselves; 16 hours to be precise. It had been a long and tiresome wait for Isaac, Lydia, Jaden and Deaton.

  However, on the 16th hour, the wait was up and Stiles, Scott and Allison sat up abruptly in the water, heaving and gasping and coughing as they fully regained consciousness.

  The four awaiting their come back stood up immediately and headed towards them, towels in hands, prepared for the moment.

  "I saw it! I know where it is." Scott fumbled for words, stepping out of the tub, letting the cold water drip from every inch of his body on to the floor.

  Stiles nodded at Scott. "We passed it. There's - there's a stump, this huge tree. Well, it's not huge anymore; it was cut down but it's still big."

  Scott gladly took the towel from Jaden's hands and wiped his face furiously. "Yeah, it was the night we were looking for the body."

  "The same night you were bit by Peter."

  Allison allowed Lydia to wrap a towel around her shoulders as she spoke up, shivering. "I was there too, in the car with my mother. We almost hit someone."

  "It was me. You almost hit me." Scott gasped loudly, turning to the group in front of him reassuringly. "We can find it."

  However until now, the trio had failed to recognise the cast off, unsure facial expressions of the four who had waited for them - and the one who was missing. They had been too side tracked with their memories that they hadn't paid full attention.

  Allison's eyebrows furrowed as she looked between their worried glances. "What?"

  "You guys were out a long time."

  Stiles' face dropped of all expression and he looked at Isaac. "How long is a long time?"

  "16 hours." Deaton declared, wincing as Scott, Stiles and Allison nearly choked on the air they consumed.

   "We've been in the water for 16 hours?"

  Deaton only nodded gravely. "And the full moon rises in less than four."

  The air was silent and thick for a split second, long enough for Stiles to fully comprehend this information and his own memories and look around the room sparsely. When his eyes couldn't land on Eleanor, he immediately knew something was wrong.