xxviii. de-void

[start of de void part one ]

  STILES' DARK RIDDEN eyes narrowed as he noticed the pair of steel handcuffs between Noah's fingertips and he cocked his head to the side, a feigned look of hurt flashing across his features. "You want to handcuff me?"

  The eldest Stilinski drew in a sharp breath as his unwavering gaze fell upon his son. "If my son is still here, if there's still a part of him standing here in front of me, then he'll put these on willingly and he'll come with me because he knows I'm here to protect him from himself and from others."

  There was a tense silence that consumed the air after Noah spoke and Eleanor bit her lip, staring at the boy intently, awaiting the predictable answer. Void wanted nothing more than to smirk and laugh at how gullible these people were, to think that Stiles was strong enough to control his own mind, but that would mean giving the Nogitsune's plan away; that certainly was not to happen. Instead, Void Eleanor and Void Stiles watched as all that they had planned unravelled.

  Void Stiles nodded slowly and hesitantly, holding his pale wrists in front of him, drawing them together in anticipation for the cold metal to meet his skin. Noah simply nodded, trying not to let any emotion evade his facial expression as he stepped forward, manoeuvring the handcuffs around his son's wrists.

  Finally, looking up to meet Stiles' eyes, Noah's face fell slack as his son's lips lifted into a mischievous smirk, a hard and cold look buried in his pupils.

  "You're not my son."

  And then everything happened at once. Void grinned, all rogue and vicious, tearing his wrists away from one another and breaking the bonds of the handcuffs he was originally encased within. Allison bared her taser gun instantaneously and didn't hesitate to ignite the switch, aiming directly at Stiles whom had seemed to gain more power from the Nogitsune the longer it took refuge in his body. The electricity coursed through Void's hands as he caught the current and used it to penetrate the weapon from Allison's hands completely, breaking it against the hard pillar.

  Derek immediately sprung into action and morphed, growling lowly as he bared his teeth and lunged at the teenager, whom dodged the man with ease and barrelled him into the pillar on his right. Nogitsune was relaxed throughout, as if the actions were of ease.

  And then Chris pulled his gun.

  From within, Eleanor was screaming and begging for everything to stop. For Nogitsune to let her go. For Argent to put the gun away. For her friends to stop giving Void exactly what he was searching for. There was a heavy and unbearable silence that lingered in the air as the click of the barrel sounded and Void stood in front of the muzzle without a moment of hesitation, pure Eleanor style that no one would doubt or question.

  "Argent, listen to me. Don't do this."

  "Why not?" Chris questioned, although his eyes weren't quite meeting Stilinski's. "I've done it before. Werewolves, berserkers. I can easily add a nogitsune to the list."