xxi. illuminated

[ start of illuminated ]

WHEN ELEANOR AWOKE outside of the power substation several moments after her unconscious episode, the first thing she thought to do was pull out her phone and dial Isaac's number with a rapid and desperate pace to her actions. The young Hale ignored the group that had surrounded her as she woke and stood up, pushing through the wall of her friends as she impatiently waited for Isaac to answer her.

Her friends were confused to say the least; they had no clue as to why she had collapsed so suddenly earlier in the night and they wanted to find out as soon as possible. Eleanor would have loved to tell them however she had to find out if Isaac was at least the tiniest bit okay.

Upon her faint, Eleanor saw a series of vivid scenes in her unconscious state, all of which she could feel were consequent to what Isaac was seeing. The girl could identify that the black masked men with bright fluorescent yellow eyes that had appeared from the shadows of her mind were present in her unconsciousness because of her strong bonded connection with Isaac.

After the first two rings, Eleanor tapping her foot on the ground impatiently, she sighed in relief at the sound of his familiar voice. "El, you alright?"

"Am I alright?" Eleanor rhetorically questioned, disbelief present in her hushed tone. "Are you? I fainted Zak and I saw what you saw, okay? What the hell was that?"

"You saw them?"

"Yes I saw them! Now what the hell is going?"

Isaac sighed and she could hear him shuffling on the other end of the line. "I don't know but it needs to stay between us okay? Argent said he's looking into it and it needs to be kept under wraps for a few hours, which means no telling Stiles, Jaden, Scott or anyone else."

Eleanor turned back to look at the group whom stared back at her in bewilderment and sighed. "What the hell am I supposed to say?"

"Say that I passed out at Allison's because she electrified the windows."

The specificity that Isaac used as a cover up story, along with the hint of hostility residing in his tone caused Eleanor to stifle a laugh. "She actually electrified the windows, didn't she?"

"Yes." He huffed irritably as Eleanor laughed, shaking her head and bidding him a quick goodbye as she explained that the group were awaiting her reasoning behind her collapse.

Pushing her phone back into her pocket, Eleanor turned on her heel and sheepishly made her way back to the group whom awaited an immediate explanation from her and her abruptness once she had awoke.

"Okay, what the hell just happened?"

And so she gave them her cover story that had been conjured by Isaac, receiving a round of laughs from all of her friends whom found humour in Isaac's misfortune and didn't stop to doubt that it may not have been true.