xxix. de-void

[ start of de void part two ]

IT FELT AS if she were waking up again. Re-opening her eyes to find a ceiling of pure white, Eleanor's first reaction was to sit upright; though as she attempted to do so, leather restraints enclosed her to the uncomfortable bed she was laying on top of. Frustrated, she surveyed her surroundings and found Scott laying beside her, in the same predicament. She recognised the room to be a holding cell in Eichen House, the very institute Stiles had been trapped in days beforehand.

Scott struggled against the restraints, just like Eleanor had and turned to look at the brunette in disbelief. In a split second, she had ripped the leather and escaped to her feet, dusting her palms as she turned to look down at Scott with a pointed gaze.

"C'mon McCall, do you actually need me to remind you that you're a werewolf?"

But as the words slipped her plump lips, Eleanor stood completely frozen as realisation dawned on her. The sound of her best friend pushing through the leather bounds seemed distant, her eyes were adrift and she felt a big weight escape her body. In those few short seconds, Eleanor had felt more free than she had in months. She didn't feel trapped, she didn't feel like somebody was constantly watching her, she didn't feel suffocated or alone - she was back. Nogitsune was gone.

She was in Stiles' head, and Stiles didn't see Eleanor as Void. Stiles' saw Eleanor as his best friend, somebody he could rely on and somebody he knew would do no purposeful harm.

"What now?" Scott questioned, standing beside Eleanor with a curious look saturating his features.

"I don't know, it's my first time in someone else's head." The girl mumbled absentmindedly, gathering her thoughts and trying to wrap her head around what had truly happened these past few days. What she had helped happen.

"Just stay behind me."

Eleanor looked up to see Scott turning the door handle and she nodded, though she knew that now she could finally say something, she had to blurt it out sooner rather than later. Following after him, she took a deep breath and prepared for disappointment.

"Scott, I need to tell you something-"

But as she took a step outside of the door, she found herself alone. Somehow, Eleanor stood in the emptiness of Stiles' room, between his computer desk and his bed. "Stiles?"

As if the mention of his name drew back memories, Eleanor could hear a ringing in her ears and faraway voices. A voice she recognised to be hers.

  "He uses red for unsolved cases."

  "Maybe he thinks he's part of an unsolved case?" She could hear Jaden's voice vividly and remembered the frown etching across his face as he spoke.

  "Or is an unsolved case."

  Eleanor had a strong feeling that this was a message from Nogitsune, or a warning. Stiles was a case that couldn't be solved and Nogitsune wanted to highlight that in her mind so that she would give up her search for him. Though Eleanor was more strong willed than Void originally thought, and so not letting the memories envelop her, she shook her head and turned to leave - though easier said than done, as another voice filled her mind.