Chapter 21 - Special

(POV Elijah)

This is the first time I met Joshua and I did not expect that he is a fine boy. Top of his class and by the way he acts, he is sophisticated, probably from a rich family.

"Siya ba ang bago mong boy toy?" tanong ko kay Kimmy nang makaalis si Joshua.

"As if you care, bakit nandito ka?" inis pa rin niya na sagot sa akin.

"Bakit ba ako andito? Siguro kasi gusto ko lang magpahangin. Yun lang."

"Alam ba ng girlfriend mo na andito ka?"

"She's my girlfriend, not my mom."

Bakit ba siya galit? Di ba dapat masaya dahil pinuntahan ko siya dito?

"Pagod ka siguro sa byahe. Gusto mo ba sumama sa amin ni mommy at daddy sa dinner. Dad already made a reservation."

She suddenly changed her tone. No matter how much she denies it, this kid cares for me. No, she's not a kid anymore. She is like a woman now.

"I can't kiddo. I will be leaving soon. Kailangan ko pumunta sa New York, I have some business matters that I need to..."

"Ok lang, naiintindihan ko," mahinahon na sabi niya as she stopped me with her palm.

Really? She's treating me like a crap now?

"Alam ko na busy ka, Elijah. Lolo Demmy told me na malapit ka na maging CEO ng Zamora Group of companies. Believe me, I understand."

"Alam mo naman na ayaw ni daddy at ni Matthew na mag handle ng company ni lolo," mahina kong sagot sa kanya.

"Alam ko na pressured ka. Chillax. Hindi ka naman kakainin ng company niyo ng buhay. Don't mind me, I am fine. Magfocus ka sa work mo at sa soon to be wife mo," sabi niya sabay talikod sa akin.

I quickly pulled her arm and I don't care if her parents see us. She is acting very strange as if wala na siya pakialam sa akin.

"What's wrong with you? Ano bang problema Kimmy?"

"What the fuck are you talking about?" she asked with the fakest smile. Kunwari walang problema, pero alam ko meron.

Alam ko na magaling siyang artista. She can probably win a Golden Globe award for her acting but I know her for years. Something is bothering her. She's trying to be calm, but I can see that she wants to explode anytime.

Dahil ba kay Monica?

"You're being irrational, kiddo. This is not you. What's the problem? Talk to me, Kimmy."

"Anong ibig mong sabihin? Everything's fine, Elijah!" she suddenly tip toed and tapped my head numerous times na parang akong aso na sinasabihan niya na ng Good Dog.

"Does this gorgeous man looks like a dog to you?"

"Dogs are good, you are not. Anyway, thank you so much for dropping by, Elijah. I am happy to see you. You can go now, busy businessman. Shooooo! Your plane is probably waiting for you," she smiled again, but it doesn't reach her eyes. If I don't know her better, I might think that she is really happy.

Pero hindi ako natutuwa sa ginagawa niya. Pinuntahan ko siya dito para ma feel niya na special siya pero tinatrato niya ko ng basura. I immediately took her hand and dragged her away from the crowd. I am waiting for her resistance, but she just followed me. I only let her go when we reached a secluded part of the university.

"I canceled some of my fucking business meetings in Beijing just to attend your fucking graduation. And you are pushing me away now?" galit kong tanong sa kanya.

"Pinuwersa ba kita na pumunta dito?"

"Oh, so ayaw mo na andito ko, is that what you are saying? Is my presence bothering you and your new boytoy?"

"Wala ako sinabi na ganyan. Elijah, you are the only one assuming that."

"Really? Why does it feel like you don't want me to be here. Tell me what's going on, Kimmy."

"Did I ask you to be here, Elijah? No, right? Because you are fucking busy with your work and your girlfriend."

"Objection, I may be busy, but what the hell am I doing here if I am too busy for you? Kimmy, you are important to me. I don't want to miss this day. You finally escaped college life and you will soon start a new career. Di ba pangarap mo to? So, don't give me that bullshit that I am busy. Tell me, what's bothering you. Are you pregnant?"

"Fuck you, Elijah!"

"Come on, kiddo. Don't be like this," I pulled her towards me and hugged her tight. "You know how much I missed my little pet. Aren't you even excited to see me?"

"Shut up," she whispered in a hoarse voice.

Feeling ko iiyak na naman siya. I cupped her face and I can see the tears that are about to fall.

"Hey, baby, don't cry. Promise, babawi ako. I am really busy recently because of the changes in the company. Once everything is settled, I promise to make time."

"Just go, Elijah. No need to make me feel special."

"You are special, Kimmy. You will always be special."