Chapter 45 - Leandro

(POV Elijah)

Flashback...

As soon as I was back to New York, I confronted Monica. We talked like two civil people. She admitted her relationship with Leandro and she even confessed that her firm is facing a massive financial loss.

"I am really sorry, Elijah. I fell in love with Leandro when we are already together and I can't lose you. Your family's wealth can help my firm," Monica admitted when I visited her in her New York apartment.

"Kung mahal mo si Leandro, sana sinabi mo sa akin."

"I don't know where to start Elijah. You are good man and I don't want to hurt you too."

"Kung kailangan mo ng pera, matutulungan kita. Monica, you are a great woman and intelligent. I like you because of that, but you know that sooner or later, you cannot fool me. You are my friend and you should have been honest with me."

"Elijah, I really like you. But somehow, deep within me, alam ko pag-aari ng iba ang puso mo. I am always envious on how you looked at your best friend as if she's the only woman in your life. You never treated me like her."

"And Leandro treated you more special?"

"Yes... Mahal niya ko, Elijah. That is when I realized that you are in love with someone else."

"Monica, I am happy that you are being honest with me. I am glad and relief."

"Me too. Para akong nabunutan ng tinik. Ayoko din lokohin ka dahil malaki din ang takot ko sa lolo mo. Leandro keeps telling me to broke up with you, but I need your money. I have employees who are relying on me. Our company is not in a good standing right now."

"Monica, is your baby mine?"

"Matagal nang walang nangyayari sa atin Elijah. Malayo ka na sa akin. I am sorry I lied, but I am pregnant with Leandro's child."

Relief flooded my face after her confession. It was like a burden was lifted.

"Monica, you can be assured na tutulungan kita sa financial problem mo sa firm."

"Thank you, Elijah. How can you be this good to me after all of the things I have done to you?"

"Because you made me realize how much I love my bestfriend, Monica."

She may be a cheater, but this was indeed a blessing in disguise after all.