Chapter 40 - Kimberley Dawn

(POV Elijah)

After namin mag-usap ni Sierra, Cassandra did not leave my side. She clings to me as if she wants to show the whole world that we are together.

Yung katawan ko andito pero yung utak ko wala. Ang lolo ang lakas ng trip ni lolo. Papalagpasin ko na lang kasi birthday naman niya ngayon.

A familiar couple caught my eyes, Mr. and Mrs. Everton. They look incredibly happy compared to when I last saw them.

Pero sino yung babaeng kasama nila?

Her face looks familiar as if it has been haunting me for years. She looks like someone from my past that I can't seem to erase. They have the same height, same features and yet, she looks mature, like a full grown woman.

No, this can't be. This is not possible.

The woman seems to be busy devouring her food. I smiled at myself. A woman who acts like a child, just exactly like her. She can't hide the excitement in her eyes when she saw the assortment of dessert. She clasps her hands together like an excited kid. These gestures are so familiar that it made my heart flew right out of my chest.

No, my eyes are playing tricks on me. This woman can't be her.

Lumapit si Lolo Demmy sa kanya and she hugged him. The old man hugged her back tenderly. I can see the happiness in his eyes. She must be close with my grandfather.

Sino ang babaeng yun? Bakit di ko siya kilala?

I almost gasped when our eyes suddenly met. The deep set of brown eyes that seems to stare right through my soul.

Hindi ako pwede magkamali. I have seen those eyes before. My world seemed to cease from rotating and all I can hear is a deafening silence. I was lost in her eyes. I must be dreaming. Another dream, that is the only explanation that I can think of.

"Elijah, are you alright?" Cass voice pulled me back from my daydream.

"Uhmmm. Yes, honey. I was just..."

Tinignan ko uli ang babae pero wala na siya. Si lolo naman ay nakangiti na nakatingin sa akin. He raised his glass to me as if saying - I told you so.

Why is she here? She died three years ago? 

Did she come back from the dead?