Chapter 44 - Monica

(POV Elijah)

*Flashback*

As much as I would love to stay in bed the whole day beside her, kailangan ko umalis dahil I have an early flight to Paris for a business meeting with our new investors. Ipinagkatiwala na sa akin ni lolo ang kingdom niya and I can't be irresponsible for my duties.

"Kimmy, kailangan ko na umalis. Tatawagan kita pag nasa France na ko," bulong ko sa kanya habang nasa guest room kami sa bahay ni Vienna.

"Whatever..." mailkli niyang sagot as she pulled the sheets to cover her naked body.

"Hey, Kimmy. Di kita maiiwan kung galit ka sa akin. I promise, mag-uusap tayo pag balik ko."

"Just go. Hinihintay ka na ng private plane mo sa airport," sabi niya sabay talikod sa akin.

"Just give me a few days and I will just deal with this shit in the company."

I kissed her forehead before I left her. Once I boarded the private plane, I tried to contact Kim, pero mukhang ayaw niya sagutin ang phone.

Lumipas ang araw, nasa Paris ako pero siya ang laman ng isip ko. I tried to text her, send her an emails, pero deadma lang ako.

Bago ko bumalik sa New York, dumaan ako kay Lolo Demmy. I need to talk to him about Kimmy.

"How was your trip to Paris?" tanong ni Lolo Demmy sa akin.

"Excellent. It was a good deal. The investors trusted you with their tremendous money."

"Apo, they trusted you. It may be my empire, but you are running it now. If they don't trust you, my boy, they will not give you even a cent. So tell me, you are not here because of your successful business trip, aren't you?"

"Lolo, I need your help. Hindi ko kayang pakasalan si Monica kahit buntis siya. Si Kim ang mahal ko."

"Hay salamat Elijah. Finally, what took you so long to realize that?"

"Buntis is Monica, I can't turn my back on her."

The old man just smiled at me. His all-knowing smile seemed to assured me that everything will be alright. Tumayo siya at may kinuha sa drawer niya. He gave me a Manila envelope and motioned me to open it.

Laman ng envelope ang pictures ni Monica having intimate moments with Leandro, another lawyer from their firm.

"Saan mo nakuha ang mga pictures na to?"

"Si Kim ang unang naka discover ng pagtataksil ni Monica sayo. Ayaw niya sabihin sayo dahil baka magalit ka sa kanya. She asked for my help to investigate Monica."

"Bakit di niya sinabi sa akin to knowing that I will marry this bitch?"

"The girl has something on her mind. More like a detailed plan on how she can ruin your wedding."

"Ruin my wedding? Really? What detailed plans?" natatawa kong tanong.

Sinabi ni lolo ang mga plano ni Kim kung paano sisirain ang kasal ko. I just smiled because Kim put too much effort on this. Kaya pala masaya noon si Kim dahil may binabalak siya na sirain ang wedding ko.

"Hindi ko dapat sabihin sayo ito dahil sikreto namin to, but since nauntog na ang ulo mo, it is time that you should know," the old man grinned as if ruining my wedding is an exciting event.

"Kim ruined my wedding to Monica, because I found out that I love her. I am just worried about the baby, though. It is possible that the baby is mine..." I sighed as I sat on the chair.

Hindi ko alam ang gagawin sa mga oras na to at nasa Pilipinas si Vienna at Sierra, kaya si lolo lang ang malalapitan ko.

"You just have to talk to Monica. She is a smart girl. If we found out that the baby is not yours, she will be in a bigger predicament. And I will also not allow you to marry someone you don't love."

"Lolo, I want to marry Kim. I love her."

"Give her time. This grand wedding of yours is already canceled. I am sure that Kimmy will say yes to you. Matagal ka na niya mahal, but give her time. Hindi siya papayag na magpakasal agad sayo."