Chapter 25 - Mastermind

(POV Kim)

I am so desperate kaya wala akong choice kundi humingi ng tulong sa isa ko pang friend, si Don Demetrius Zamora.

"You flew all the way from New York to Seattle to talk to me in person? What do you want to discuss? Is it about Elijah's wedding?" tanong ni Lolo Demmy habang naglalakad kami sa garden niya.

May binili siya na malaking bahay sa Seattle at dito siya naninirahan, pero madalas nasa Pilipinas din siya sa ancestral house nila.

"You are a smart old man. Alam mo na agad ang pakay ko dito. By the way, walang alam si Elijah na andito ako. Gusto kita makausap ng solo dahil may tiwala ako sayo."

"Elijah is smart too. Do you think your emergency leave will not go unnoticed?"

"Then, let us proceed to business, shall we?"

The old man motioned me to sit down on a white wooden chair facing a vast manicured green lawn.

"Lolo Demmy, be honest. Anong tingin mo sa future granddaughter in law mo?" tanong ko sa kanya habang umiinom ng lemonade.

"Pretty, intelligent and a hardworking woman. And yet, you don't think she is qualified to be Elijah's wife?"

Tumango lang ako sa kanya. Mukhang alam naman niya kung anong iniisip ko. I began to narrate how I saw Monica and her colleague kissing inside the elevator. I even tracked Monica a few times and I have seen her having intimacy with the same man.

Sumbungera na ko! Ano gagawin ko? Mawawala na sa akin si Elijah!

Elijah will not believe me and Monica will just deny it. And yet, the old man trusted me.

"Anong plano mo? Hahayaan mo ba na mapunta kay Monica si Elijah?"

"Alam mo sagot diyan. Hindi ako papayag siyempre. I have plans to ruin his wedding and expose Monica, but I need your help."

"Whatever you need, my dear."

"You are a willing accomplice, old man. Maaasahan ka talaga."

"It sounds fun to me. Be careful, if Elijah finds out about this, you might lose him in the process. Baka masira ang pagkakaibigan niyo."

"Prepared naman ako. I can accept his wrath pero hindi ko kayang tanggapin na ikakasal siya sa isang cheater. First, I need to start with this wretched woman. Kailangan ko ng resources to hire an efficient private investigator. I am hoping you can help me with that since you are rich."

"Consider it done. I will handle it from here."

"Elijah's wedding will be held in a church in New York. Mag hihire ako nang mahahack ng projector screen and reveal our compilation of Monica's nasty pictures. It is like a Surprise Motherfucker event!"

"Nasty, but that is a good start. And yet, Elijah and his security team might be able to intercept our paid hacker. You need another back-up plan," the old man said while grinning. Mukhang game na game si Lolo Demmy.

"Sirain natin ang wedding songs! Instead of playing their cheesy romantic theme song during the wedding entourage, let us try replacing the songs with Metallica or Nirvana. Any suggestions?"

"Kiddo, I am just your financier here. You have to conceive your own diabolical plans."

I elaborated my plans to Lolo Demmy and he assured me na siya ang bahala sa gagastusin. From ruining the wedding cake and gown, to spiking the drinks with strong alcohol, our plan seemed perfectly smooth. We discussed the intricate details on how to cut the power source on the event itself and restroom malfunctions on the reception area.

"It seems that you will be hiring a few people to completely pull this off. Just let me know if you need anything else," natatawa na sabi niya.

"Wag ka mag-alala old man, hindi malalaman ni Elijah na kasali ka sa mga plano ko."

"How about telling him personally what you think of Monica instead of going through all of these hassle?"

"Monica is smart. I am sure she has an exit strategy in case Elijah finds out about his lawyer lover. And I will not allow my best friend to fall into the wrong hands."