Chapter 35 - Little Secret

(POV Elijah)

Don Demetrius Zamora's 75th birthday will be held in one of the most prestige hotels in Seattle. Parang isang grand reunion celebration ito ng aming pamilya.

Ang private plane ng company ay napuno ng mga bata. My twins, Vienne and Voltaire, kasama ang tatlong lalaking anak ni Sierra at Harvey at ang dalawang anak ni Kuya Matthew at Angeline. Kasama din namin ang Lolo Franco na best friend ni Lolo Demmy.

It was an agonizing long flight, but the kids enjoyed the trip. They are fond of riding the private plane. Perks of being the CEO of Zamora Group of companies.

"Do you know that we will see our mom today?" Vienne said, a few minutes after the plane landed. May ilang SUV cars na naghihintay sa amin papunta sa hotel.

"What did you say, baby?" naguguluhan kong tanong sa kanya.

What the hell is she saying?

"Vienne! It is supposed to be our secret!" Voltaire said in a hush tone.

Anong sinasabi nitong mga chikiting na to? Nakakatakot and it is giving me goosebumps. Now I understand why kids are scary.

"What is that suppose to mean? Are you hiding something from daddy?" nababahala kong tanong habang papasok kami sa sasakyan. Talking about their dead mother is scary as fuck.

"Lolo Demmy told us to behave today as we will see our mother. We are not suppose to tell you, but I don't want to lie to you daddy," Vienne hugged me like a guilty child.

Just like her Aunt Vienna, Vienne is a very sweet child. Samantalang si Voltaire, napaka kulit and pilyo, manang mana kay Sierra.

"Voltaire, is that true? Did Lolo Demmy tell you that you will meet your mom today?"

"Yes, daddy. Lolo Demmy told us that if we are well behaved on his birthday, we will meet our mom, our real mom, not Cass!" sabi ni Voltaire habang nakapout ang lips.

"I thought you like Cass, son?"

"She's only nice when you are around," dagdag ni Vienne.

"Is she bad when daddy is not around?"

"She's not bad, but she doesn't care about us. Please don't tell Lolo Demmy that you know our little secret. He will be mad at us," paliwanag ni Voltaire. He is so mature and smart in his young age.

"Lolo will not be mad at you. That old man loves the two of you so much."