Chapter 28 - In the Club

(POV Elijah)

It was past two in the morning when my phone rang. It was Kim.

Why the hell is she calling me this late? No, it is fucking early in the morning.

"Hoy, Kimmy! Bakit mo ko binubulabog? Alam mo na may flight ako bukas di ba?"

"Elijah?"

Nagulat na lang ako ng marining ko ang boses sa kabilang linya. Hindi si Kim pero boses ng isang babae. I can't hear the voice very well due to the loud noise at the background, but this is definitely not Kim.

"Who the hell is this?"

"Elijah, this is Pamela. Uhmm kailangan ko ng tulong mo. It is about Kim."

It was Pamela, Kim's best friend since high school days. Pero bakit siya tumatawag ng gantong oras?

"What happened? Where is she?"

"It is my fault Elijah. I am really really sorry. Tinawagan ako ni Kim after mo siya maihatid sa apartment niya. She told me about you, your wedding, your child.."

"What do you mean about me? Get straight to the point."

"Kim accepted the wedding, but she can't accept it when you told her that you will soon have a child. Pinipilit niyang maging masaya sa harap mo but she is dying inside. Uhmmm. Uhmmm. You know that my friend loves you, right?"

"Huh?"

What the hell is she talking about? And where the hell are they? Too fucking noisy!

"Elijah, she was depressed when she found out about your baby. She broke down last night and I never saw her this sad before. So to cheer her up, niyaya ko siya sa isang bagong bukas na club sa Fifth Street. Oh my god, Elijah. I am really sorry this happened. Just come here please and take her home."

Love. Depression. Club. No no no. Not a good combination.

"Is she in danger?"

"No, no, but she might be. Mahirap magpaliwanag. Just come here please, Elijah. Nag-aalala na ko sa kanya."

Ang daming theories na tumatakbo sa utak ko. Napahamak ba si Kim? Naaksidente ba siya? May nagtangka ba sa kanya ng masama?

I wasted no time and drive like a madman to Fifth Street. I even forgot to call my driver to drive me there. In just a few minutes, I arrived at the scene of the crime. I saw Pamela right away and she grabbed my arms.

"Elijah, please hurry."

I can't help but to imagine a gory scene with the lifeless body of Kim on the floor.

No no no. I am thinking too much.

My imagination is running wild and I am getting scared every step I take. If something bad happened to Kim, why is it that the crowd seemed unaffected of whatever is going on?

Loud club music echoed everywhere. My nostrils are filled with scent of perfume, sweat and alcohol. Sa bandang gitna, may grupo ng mga tao na nag checheer at nagsisigawan. I stopped breathing the moment I saw what Pamela is talking about.

Kim is dancing in front on a pole where drunk men cheered for her. She is wearing a very short silver skirt where I can almost see her undies.

Damn! Pole dancing? Where did she learn that?

"I tried to sstopped her, but she is too ddrunk to listen. OMG, it is my fault for bringing her here," Pamela said with a stammering voice, clearly afraid that I will be angry at her.

I did not let her finish and suddenly grabbed Kim away from the spotlight. She is too immersed in her own world. I dragged her away from the crowd. She is even sending flying kisses to these drunk men as if saying here goodbye.