Chapter 36 - Carla Stevens

(POV Kim)

I will surely meet Elijah sa birthday ni Lolo Demmy. Natatakot ako na naeexcite pero parang ayoko pumunta. Alam ko masasaktan na naman ako makita si Elijah kasama ang mga anak niya at girlfriend niya.

Biglang tumunog ang doorbell. Malamang si Carla na to. Nagtext sa akin si Lolo Demmy na dadating today ang assistant niya from New York to personally visit me.

Pagbukas ko ng pinto, isang magandang babae ang kaharap ko. She is a gorgeous woman in her mid thirties with red ginger hair.

That old man is probably having an affair with this pretty devil. Bwahaha! I can blackmail him!

He is an old man with undeniably good looks. Matagal na siyang walang asawa at hindi masama kung magkaroon siya ng makakasama sa buhay niya.

"Mr. Zamora summoned me here to make sure that you will be attending his birthday birthday."

"You must be Carla Stevens, his assistant. Please come in."

"Here is your official invitation Ms. Everton, check. A car will pick you later today para dalhin kayo sa airport ng parents mo as you have an evening flight to Seattle, check. Don't worry, kasabay niyo ko on your way to Seattle."

Kasabay? Binabantayan siguro ko ni Lolo Demmy.

"Your dress and your shoes will be delivered tomorrow to the hotel, check. The suit of Mr. Daniel Everton and the dress of Mrs. Angela Everton will be delivered tomorrow afternoon as well, check."

Check ng check naman tong babaeng to? Yung totoo? Robot ba to?

"Uhmmm. What time ba yung party ni Lolo Demmy?"

"Darling, you have to go to salon early tomorrow. We need to fix that tangly hair of yours. A total make over."

"Do I really have to do that?"

"We are having an elite party of rich businessmen from all over the country. Yes, you have to do that. And darling, you are beautiful. We just need some polishing. Don't worry."

"Uhmmm. Carla, is it possible for me to cancel this?"

"Seriously?"

"Yeah, hindi kasi maganda ang pakiramdam ko. Paano kung magkasakit ako bukas? Palagi pa naman ako meron migraines lately.

"Mr. Zamora already warned me that you would probably say that. Headache, diarrhea, what else? He said you will mention countless of excuses, but the answer is still no. You have to be there. You are his special guest."

"Haist! He already expected all my possible moves."

"Yup, checkmate girl. Let me tell you something. That old man is the smartest man I have ever met. And he is serious when he told me that he needs you there. I am not sure why, but he is damn serious."

"Alright, Carla. I will be there. I owe him literally the air that I breathe. At baka matanggal ka pa sa trabaho kapag hindi ako pumunta."