Dreaming, the Track Chapter 24

"I'm sorry but we did everything we could, we lost the baby during birth." The doctor told me. "What how?" I asked looking worried. "We don't know Bella, I'm sorry." She replied before they left leaving me with Will and I broke down. "So he's gone?" Will asked sitting beside me. "He's gone everything was for nothing." I told him then started to cry. "We wern't meant to have him." Will told me. "I know, I miss him already." I said. "I want him I want to see my baby." I then said getting up and walking out of the room. "Bella come back." Will called after me following me. "My baby." I called running from room to room. "Bells, he's gone and he's not coming back." Will told me hugging me to him and I just stood there shaking my head and crying.

I woke up fast. "Wi-William?" I said feeling around for him. "Hey, Bells I'm right here don't worry." He said sitting down and hugging me. "I had the worst dream." I told him. "What happened Bells?" He asked. "I had the baby, but we lost him during birth." I told him. "Oh darling, it's ok sweetheart, everything will be ok." He said hugging me close to him. "What if we lose the baby?" I asked looking at him. "Then it's God's will for us to not have the baby." He replied. "What if my dream comes true, I carry him for however long just to have him die." I questioned. "The baby is not going to die sweetheart, just stay calm." He replied holding me close. "Thank you Will, I don't know what I'd do without you." I told him kissing him.

"And I don't know what I'd do without you." He replied. "So Bella." My doctors said coming into the room. "We have talked and as long as you have a couple of people with you and William we are going to start letting you go to races, every two weeks." They told us. "Our parents would be happy." I said. "Yeah, really happy." Will replied smiling. "I'm going back to races once in a while." I said smiling as our parents came into the room with Emerson and Cole. "I'm going to the race this weekend." I told them all. "I'll stay with you while our guys are doing track stuff." Emerson said. "I can be with you guys in the RV." Dana said. "So that's settled." I said. "Darling this is great." Will said. "It is great." I replied looking at him.

I was released from the hospital that Wednesday and we packed then the next day we went to Mid Ohio. "Bella you're here." Dave said surprised. "The doctors let me go, I'll be fine as long as I have Dana and Emerson around me." I replied before someone came up to us. "Bella Byron?" The girl asked. "Yes." I replied. "Kelly kind of hired me for the rest of the year when you're at the track so I can make sure you are alright and you don't faint." She replied. "Alright well you know who I am." I said. "Yes, I am Hannah." She replied sticking out her hand for me to shake and I took it. "Don't worry you won't really know I'm here." She said. "That seems like a boring job." I said.

"Well your doctors talked to Kelly and said that you should have an extra person to help watch over you just to be safe, you and William don't need anything to happen to your miracle." She replied. "That's true we don't need anything to happen, thank you." I said. "Anything for your family." She replied smiling at me. "Yeah." I replied before I felt arms wrap around me. "Hey Emers." I said turning around and seeing her. "Who's this?" She asked. "Hannah my babysitter for being at the track." I said. "Oh ok fun." She said. "Yeah." I replied. We hung out until the cars were done on track and Will carried me back to the RV. "Who was the random girl with you?" Will asked as we were cuddling on the couch.

"Hannah, she's watching over me one of your bosses and my doctors said that I should have an extra person just in case." I replied. "We have my team and mom and Cole and Emerson." Will said. "Yeah but I think it's nice, no one has to stop what they are doing if something happens." I replied. "Where is she staying?" He asked. "A hotel close by, your mom is staying with us so it's fine." I replied. "Yeah it is, where is my mom?" He then asked. "Out getting food, she said that she wanted to help and I mentioned that I was hungry and she said that her grand baby and daughter in law are not going to be hungry." I said before she walked in with a few bags of food. "Thank you for taking care of my family." Will told his mom taking the food from her then we all ate.

"Ok Bella William just wants you to take it easy and sit." Dave said when I found him. "There's Will looking out for me, you know he really is the best on and off the track." I said sitting down on a stool. "Yeah, we all see the way he looks at you, you're his world." Dave replied. "He's the best thing that's happened to me." I said. "He always says how lucky he is to find someone like you to spend forever with." Dave said. "He tells me that all the time." I replied. Will brought the car in after practice and we went to find a place for dinner. When we went back to the RV we laid on the couch and Will just randomly kissed me. When he pulled away I just laid there with my eyes closed and mouth opened wide. "Wow." I said when I looked at him again. "I've wanted to do that for a while now but it was never the right time." He told me resting his forehead on mine.