Banquet Time Chapter 36

"I need a dress." I said when mom and Dana walked into my hospital room. "For what?" Mom asked. "The NASCAR banquet." I said. "Oh yeah." Dana replied so we went to go get a dress for me. "How about we split up pick out three dresses each and I'll try them all." I said while we were walking into the store. "Alright that sounds good." Mom said and Dana agreed. We split up and went hunting for the perfect dress for a banquet. "Bella, oh Bella I found the perfect dress Will is going to love." Dana said smiling. "Ok great." I said so I took all the dresses and I tried them on I tried on the dresses Dana picked out last so I could tell which one I really want. "I think that is the one." Mom said when I came out in the dress Dana picked out. "Yes, I saw it and it screamed Bella." Dana told us. "I love it." I said before going and changing and then we bought the dress and Mom took it when they left the hospital which was about an hour later as Will came in.

"Are you ready to go?" Will asked we were going back to our house so we could get ready for the banquet. "Yeah." I replied so we left for the night. "We are going to get you ready." Dana said making me smile. "Alright go ahead." So mom and Dana did my hair and make up before I put my dress on in the main bedroom while Will got ready in another room. I got my dress on then mom and Dana started to tear up. "Awe Bella." Mom said hugging me then Will knocked on the door and I opened it. "Bella, you look wow." He said holding his hand out for me and I took it. "I can't believe you're my wife." He said as we left for the banquet. "I can't believe you're my husband." I replied giving him a kiss. "Thanks for the lipstick Bells." He said bumping my shoulder. "Here." I said taking out make up wipes and using it on him.

"You always have the right things." He said opening the door and helping me in. "Yeah, it will be perfect with the baby." I replied then he closed the door and got in and we went to the building. "Come on beautiful, let's go show you off." Will said helping me out of the truck. "Of course." I replied taking his hand and we went inside. We took pictures on the red carpet for the banquet. "You're so beautiful." Will whispered while we were getting pictures taken making me blush. "Thanks." I whispered back then we went to go to our table on the stage. "I'm so proud of you." I told him. "You always tell me that." He said taking my hand in his. "It's true that's why." I replied. "I know, and I'm so proud of you." He replied kissing the side if my head.

"You two are so cute, it's so nice to see you again Bella." Dave said hugging me. "Thank you, it's nice to see you too Dave, and thank you for helping this boy get here this year, if not for that engine last year we'd have a truck championship as well but things happen, and maybe we'll get a truck champion one day." I said. "Yeah who knows maybe I'll want one." Will said as Dale and Kelly came walking up. "You're having a baby boy." Kelly said when they came to the table. "We are, we can't wait until Bennett is here." I replied. "Bennett is a wonderful name." She said. "Yeah, it means blessed." I told her. "You are blessed to have him already and he isn't here yet." She said making me smile. "Exactly." I said soon after things got started.

"Finally I want to thank my amazing and beautiful wife Bella, she's been my rock through everything and I wouldn't be where I am today without her support and although she hasn't been able to always be at the tracks this year she's still my number one supporter, we have this tradition before races and even though she couldn't be with me that didn't stop her from telling me to do good like with every other race and I'm so greatful that I have her and after this scary journey we will have our son Bennett." He finished making me blush then he came to sit beside me and took my hand. When everything was over we had to go back to the hospital so we didn't have time to talk to anyone just some drivers and their girlfriends or wives then we left. We got to our house and I changed before we went to the hospital. "How was it?" My doctor asked. "It was good, the food was good, Will's speech was amazing and it was all around a good time." I replied.

"That's wonderful." She said. "It really is, I'm so proud of Will and everything he's done and I'm not just talking about  racing all around I'm proud and I'm amazed by him each day." I said grabbing his hand. "Thank you so much little marshmallow." He said kissing my head. "It's the truth." I replied putting my head against him. "I love you little marshmallow." He said. "I love you too Willy B." I replied smiling. "Just a few months before we all meet baby Bennett." My doctor said walking in. "Yeah, after Christmas, our late Christmas present." I said. "Kevin and Delana should have their baby after Christmas." Will then said.