7

Lin's POV

I came home from my work day to see Pippa and Jasmine hanging out in the hall with something... I frowned and maybe thought it was something that should concern me... 

"Alright, now... Fetch!" Jasmine said while rolling the ball down the hall. I saw a little french bull dog run down the hall towards me. I smiled and saw Pippa walking next to the puppy. 

"You guys got a dog?" I asked her. 

"Jasmine did. But, I love her too." She smiled. I watched her roll the ball back to Jasmine and the puppy run back to her. 

"What's her name?" I asked. 

"Nala." Jasmine smiled while picking up her pup. "She's going to be the best roommate for us!" She laughed. Pippa nodded and started cooing at the little puppy. 

"Maybe Tobi and her could have playdates." I suggested. Jasmine nodded eagerly while Pippa probably didn't even hear what I had said. It made me smile knowing that she was focused on the tiny puppy so much. I knew I wanted her in my life as more than just a neighbor...

~~~

Jasmine's POV 

I saw the way Lin looked at Pippa. It made me even more concerned with her well being. Men like him never have good relationships... They always become something they aren't and it ends relationships making the girl feel like she had been the one to ruin everything... 

"Now sit." Pippa smiled at Nala. Maybe I could set her up with someone... She could benefit from getting more social interaction with a guy... Not like she didn't get that from rehearsals, but still... 

"Pip, how mad would you be if I set you up on a blind date?" I asked her while getting a cup of water. 

"Um... Not really because I would have no control over it..." She shrugged while giving Nala a treat for sitting. 

"So like if I texted the guy right now, you would have no problem going tonight." I raised an eyebrow and started to play with my phone. 

"I would really appreciate if you didn't do it for tonight..." She frowned. "I'm wearing my ugly pants." She frowned. "And you know what ugly pants mean..." 

"That you're bleeding and bloated. I know." I laughed. "I was kidding by the way. But I do want to set you up with a friend. I just wanted to make sure that was okay." I explained while walking back over into the living room. Pippa's apartment had grown from being this barren land of carpet and white walls, to perfectly decorated with me living here with her. 

"Nala, paw." Pippa smiled. "Give paw." She repeated. 

"I love how you're the one training her." I laughed. 

"Well, I've always wanted a dog... But I never got one, so like you know..." She laughed with me and continued to try and train her. So far only sit was working. She gave up after a while and began to play on her phone. I noticed her smiling a lot more and the sparkle in her eyes were back. 

"Who are you texting?" I asked her. 

"A group chat of the cast for Great Comet." She smiled. "They're all so funny." She shook her head while continuing to type a million words a minute on her phone. 

Pippa's POV 

My phone kept vibrating while I got ready for bed. I knew it was either Brittain or Lucas. We had been sharing funny pictures every five minutes with each other. I picked up my phone and saw some solo messages from Lucas himself off the group chat. 

Lucas: So, I know you like kitten's asking for cheeseburgers, but what about guys who ask you on dates? :P

I laughed at his cheesy pick up line and shook my head. He was a smooth talker alright... Knew exactly what to say to make anyone smile too. He was... Different.