27

April 2015

Pippa's POV

So many problems. So many things to do.. I mentally slapped myself everyday for doing this. My body was not structured enough to have a kid attached to me.. I could only imagine how it was going to feel later on...

"Are you okay?" Lin asked while placing a hand on my shoulder.

"Just really regretting all of this... I'm already tired." I pouted. He frowned and knelt down in front of me. "What are you doing?" I asked him.

"I'm gonna talk to the baby." He said while placing his hands on my stomach. "Hey... I know you're having the time of your life in there, but you're gonna have to make it easier on your mommy." He spoke quietly. I smiled at him and his quirks. "Mhm... Yeah. I totally get it. She is a bed hog." He smirked.

"Lin!" I gasped.

"Well I'm not gonna argue with it!" He laughed. "Are we going to name it any time soon?" He asked.

"We can't really name it without knowing what it is..." I frowned.

"No, like a nickname. That way it knows we love it very much." He smiled. I nodded and shrugged. "Oh let me name it!" He gasped.

"Go for it." I laughed.

"You're gonna be daddy's little jelly bean." He smiled while kissing my stomach. I rolled my eyes at him. He was ridiculous. Naming our kid jelly bean. He was truly something else.

~~~

Lin's POV

I was happy. Pippa had a doctor's appointment tomorrow, it was a one show day, and I got to go with her! It was rare when I could. Usually they landed on two show days and I had to choose. Usually Pippa told me to go do the musical, but I really wanted to go with her. So I went to every single one that I could.

"When do you find out the gender?" I asked her.

"Hopefully tomorrow." She shrugged. "It's really a wellness checkup." She added. My mind was racing. If we found out the gender tomorrow, it would mean the world for me... I didn't care what it was, I was gonna love it no matter what. "What?" She asked.

"I just really, really want to see the baby right now..." I smiled while rubbing her stomach. She laughed and draped her legs across my lap. "I want to hold it and talk to it and love it and you know?" I couldn't stop smiling. Pippa shook her head at my nonsense while laughing. What could I say? I was happy!!

~~~~~

We sat in the doctors office together. I was nervous... Pip was scrolling through her phone and I couldn't stop fidgeting.

"Will you stop...?" She glared. "It's literally nothing to be nervous about." She laughed.

"I can't help it!" I whispered. We were called back after a little while and I was excited. Pippa grabbed my hand in order for me to stop bouncing. I watched her sit on the chair while the doctor felt around her stomach.

"Any pains?" He asked.

"Yeah, right in my back... I know it's going to get worse though." She sighed.

"Very normal. The sudden amount of weight gain for you is going to take a toll. But you'll be fine after you have your baby." He smiled. Pippa nodded and looked at me with a smile. "Is he the father?" The doctor asked.

"Yes." She smiled.

"Wonderful." The doctor laughed. "Ready to see if it's a boy or girl?" He smiled. I eagerly nodded and Pippa laughed at me. "Someone's excited." He laughed.

"He was up all night worrying about it." Pippa smirked.

"I have every right to worry." I said while kissing her hand. The doctor set up the ultrasound monitor and got that blue goo on her belly. "Is it really cold?" I asked her.

"Very." She shivered. The doctor moved the wand over her stomach and I couldn't believe I was actually looking at my baby...

"Well, it looks to me like you guys are going to have..." he started. "A baby boy! Congrats." He smiled while pulling the wand away from her stomach.

"Lin? Are you okay?" Pippa asked me. "Lin, you're crying..." she frowned.

"I'm just so happy..." I sniffed. "A little boy... Our son." I cried. Pippa smiled at me and kissed my hand. "We're gonna have a little boy." I whispered.

Later that day, I had to leave Pippa at home. I felt terrible but, it was paying the bills right now. When I got to the theatre, word had gotten around that we found out the gender. Pip must've texted Renee and Jasmine about it.

"Well?!" Everyone asked me when I arrived.

"It's a boy!" I smiled. Everyone cheered at the fact that I was having a son. Anthony ran over to me to give me a huge hug. Everyone did, and it was amazing. The amount of love coming from everyone was overwhelming.

"You know, Anthony is always a great name for a boy." Anthony winked.

"Bullshit. Daveed is where it's at." Daveed laughed.

"Leslie isn't that common!" Leslie chimed in.

"Can't go wrong with the classic Chris though.." Chris said while patting my back. "But I'm sure you and Pips will come up with a great name." He smiled. I was so happy these guys were excited for us. Each of them wanting to be apart of everything in our lives. Even if it included on arguing what we were going to name our kid... I wasn't really worried about names at the moment... Just wanted to go back home and spend time with Pippa.

Pippa's POV

"So my point is, just name the kid after me!" Daveed yelled. Lin had FaceTimed me during intermission and it ended up in a screaming match between the guys.

"Guys! I'm trying to say goodnight to my lady!" Lin yelled. His face came back into view and I smiled.

"They really want this kid named after them." I laughed at him.

"They're going crazy! Crazy with power!" He yelled. "But, I missed you like mad and I wanted to say goodnight to you because I know you're going to be asleep when I get home." He smiled.

"Thank you. I hope act two goes really well. Have fun being shot at." I smirked. He laughed and shook his head.

"Nah, I think I'll break a leg instead."