12

*Two Weeks Later*

Pippa's POV 

We sat in the Public Theatre running through the numbers for the show. Jasmine and I were talking with our newfound friend and sister, Renee. All of us hit it off wonderfully, thank goodness all of us had something in common. 

"I'm glad that you guys aren't some weirdos..." Renee whispered. "Like you guys are more approachable." She laughed quietly and all of us agreed. We did have our weirdness, but we weren't like overbearing weird. "So you two are roommates?" She raised an eyebrow. 

"Yeah, we've known each other from college so, yeah." I nodded. 

"Not like that." Jasmine laughed. "She's dating a dude." She added. I nodded quickly and all of us laughed. 

"Just making sure." Renee smiled. "Who is this man you date?" She asked in a hushed tone. 

"I'd rather not say... It'll make me look bad..." I frowned. 

"How?" She asked. 

"She's dating Mr. Miranda himself." Jasmine whispered. "But don't tell anyone. Neither of them want their relationship public just yet." Renee nodded and looked back at Lin. Her eyebrow raised a little then she looked back at me. 

"You could do worse." She finally said. I let out a sigh of relief and laughed. I was so worried about the whole cast finding out about us... Thinking that I had only gotten the part because I was dating him... But it wasn't true. He could've chosen someone else. He really could've, I wasn't good enough to play this part... 

"Alright, everyone!" Lin smiled. "These are going to be your life over the span of this year for our rehearsals. We are shooting for January to open here. Don't loose these scores." He pointed at us. I knew if I lost mine, I could borrow Lin's master copy at his place. Of course, I wasn't about to do that either. I wasn't going to just lose my copy because I could have another within arms reach.

"Let's start from the top!" Lac smiled from his spot. 

~~

We had a break while everyone worked out the kinks in the songs. Questions were being fired off left and right, answers being thrown out left and right as well. I sat back with Jasmine since we had already been through it a bunch of times already with Lin. 

"Do you think we could do this with the wall?" She asked while showing me a picture on her phone. "Get the cork board and start pinning pictures in it. Right above the couch near the door?" She explained. 

"Sure. Sounds better than having to find frames to fit the pictures." I smiled. We were already planning on how to decorate the living room walls. We couldn't paint, but we were allowed to hang up pictures and what not. Renee was busy learning her lines next to us, but we had half the score already down. 

"You guys are lucky." She smiled. "When did you get yours?" She asked. 

"About two... Three months ago? It was still in the rough draft though..." Jasmine frowned. "So we know a lot of the things he's scrapped already. But we know at least half of it now." She shrugged. I nodded in agreement while Renee was mouthing the words to one of the songs. After a few more hours of everyone working on little pieces of the score, the director called it quits for the day and requested we show up tomorrow. Jasmine was hanging out with a few of the other ensemble girls tonight, which led me to walking home by myself... 

"Just go wander the theatre. I promise I'll come find you and walk with you." Lin whispered when I explained to him what had gone on. I nodded and started to look at the multiple pictures and signatures all over the walls. I smiled at the amount of memories in this building... Times like these were the times I wish walls could speak...

"So... You're Phillipa?" I jumped at the voice behind me and saw it was the guy who was playing both John and Phillip. 

"Yeah... Pippa..." I smiled. 

"Cool." He smiled. "Oh, um, I'm Anthony." He said while extending his hand. I shook it and nodded. "I was wondering... Who your friend was? The one you walked in with... Today." He said nervously. 

"Jasmine?" I asked. 

"That's her name?" He asked wide eyed. "She's got a pretty name to match." He whispered. I raised an eyebrow at him and he blushed. "I... Do you... Do you think she would give me the time of day?" He frowned. 

"She might. I'll put in a good word." I smiled. 

"Thank you!" He hugged me and then ran off. I smiled and saw Lin walk down the stairs as he ran up them. 

"What's the deal with him?" He asked. 

"He's a little love struck is all. He's got a bit of a crush on Jasmine." I whispered. He nodded and looked around. "If walls could talk huh." I laughed. "I bet they would have some memories." 

"Yeah." He smiled. "Ready to go?" He asked. I walked with him up the stairs and saw Tommy packing up his things too. Lin was holding my hand and I felt nervous already... He saw us and waved while smiling. "See ya tomorrow!" Lin smiled. 

"We begin choreo tomorrow! Dress accordingly!" He grinned. I guess he didn't really care much about us being together. 

"Does he know?" I asked him when we left the theatre. 

"Yes. He asked why I kept staring at you then told me if I was going to be a little boy about my crush then it was never going to happen. But then I said that we were already together and he was shocked I actually already did it." He explained. I nodded and looked at the time... It was a good time to visit old places... 

"Can we stop by somewhere real quick?" I asked. He nodded and I led him through the back alleys to the restaurant. 

"Why are we here? Are you hungry or something?" He laughed. 

"No, I have food at home..." I shrugged while walking into the building. 

"Then why are we-" 

"Pippa!" I was engulfed in a huge hug from Vivian. She had already had her kid and she was working on losing the weight already. 

"Oh my gosh, I've missed so much! When?!" I gasped. 

"About two months ago. Speaking of, are you free tomorrow night? Douchebag is making me work the evening shift and my husband is out of town." She frowned. 

"Of course. Oh! This is Lin." I smiled while pulling him towards us. "Lin, this is Vivian. I used to work here with her and she took care of me when I first got out of college." I laughed. 

"Nice to meet you." Lin smiled. 

"You did good Pippa. Did you want to come to my place, or your place...?" She asked. 

"Your place that way you won't have to worry about trying to get Victor on the subway. What time?" I asked her. We exchanged more information quickly before she got in trouble. I had been meaning to take Lin to that place to meet her, but it always slipped my mind.... At least Vivian seemed to like him. 

"So, you got a babysitting job tomorrow?" He asked me while we walked home. 

"Yup. Vivian hates her job, but her husband doesn't make enough to support two kids. So she has to work." I frowned. "Wanna come with? I'm sure she won't mind." 

"Babysitting kids? With you?" He gasped. "Of course." He kissed my head and smiled. Babysitting these kids with him is going to be great.