16

November 2014

Lin's POV

Pippa had felt better after a few days of bed rest. I was happy she was back to her normal self. The whole cast had brought her soup and other liquids that helped each other survive when they caught the sick bug. Jasmine and I would bring them home for her.

"Pippa?" I called when I opened her bedroom door. She was sitting up writing in her journal with her hair pulled back. "Hey." I smiled and sat next to her while she put her book on the nightstand.

"I've kept everything down today." She smiled.

"About time." I laughed.

"Mhm." She smiled and looked down at her hands. I felt bad that she wasn't coming into rehearsals because of this, but hopefully today would be different. 

"You ready to come into rehearsals today? Learn your stuff that you didn't get to learn?" I asked. She nodded and threw the blankets off of her. I watched her walk over to her closet to pick out clothes, but she still looked a bit wobbly to me. "Are you sure you aren't too dizzy?" I smirked.

"It's just been a while since I've actually stood and walked." She laughed while grabbing clothes for the day. I left her room for her to get dressed and saw Jasmine packing a little bag for today. 

"Is she coming with?" Jasmine asked, hopeful that she would. 

"Yes." I answered. 

When we got to the theatre, everyone was excited to see Pip up and walking around with everyone. I watched her run through the dances with everyone, thank goodness she caught on quick. It wasn't hard for her to merge right back onto schedule with everyone. We went from dancing to singing to blocking then back to dancing. I was getting tired before we broke for lunch, but at least most of it was ensemble work for right now. Everyone was hanging out in one of the green rooms waiting to be called back up. I sat next to Chris and Leslie talking about various things. 

"So, we notice you keep staring over to Pippa like she's something you've never seen before." Chris nudged me a bit and laughed. 

"I'm just worried about her. She was sick and now she's back. Everyone else needed a week before they came back." I frowned. 

"Well, true... But even before she got sick!" Leslie laughed. "You would stare at her like nobody's business." He smirked. I shrugged and looked down at my phone. What they didn't know, was good for them. "Maybe you should talk to her. Ask her on a date if you like her." 

"I'm good... She would never go for a guy like me." I lied. 

"You never know." Chris shrugged. 

"I'm going to go talk to her for you then." Leslie laughed while getting up. 

"No! Don't!" I gasped. He left our little circle and headed over to Pippa and the girls. 

Pippa's POV 

"So you and Anthony? What's up with that?" Ariana smiled and nudged Jasmine a bit, causing her to blush. 

"We're going for it. I'm happy to say that I really do like him. He's so sweet and caring.. Maybe we can make this work..." Jasmine smiled and looked at us. I saw the little gleam of hope in her eyes as she thought of Anthony. Leslie sat with us and smiled at all of us. I was glad that we were all being friendly with each other for once. 

"Hey, I have a question for you guys. What do you all think of Lin?" He smiled. 

"He's a wonderful writer." Betsy smiled. 

"He's got long hair?" Ariana laughed. "Just kidding. He's really caring about everyone." 

"Definitely a different kind of person." Renee laughed. 

"Complete jokester." Jasmine smiled. 

"He's a really good actor." I answered. 

"I see." Leslie said quietly. "Do any of you like him?" He smirked. 

"He's a very likable person." I stated. 

"Yeah!" Everyone agreed with me. I had a feeling that he was either trying to set me up with Lin, or he was trying to get me to spill. Which I wasn't going to do. I wasn't going to jeopardize this just for people to find out about my relationship. Leslie eventually gave up with the questions and started talking to us about other things. 

When we broke for lunch, Lin decided to order in to work on the music. I stayed with him in his dressing room just to spend time with him. He was always busy, and with me getting sick, he hardly came over.

"Do you think you're safe enough to kiss yet?" Lin asked. 

"I think I am." I smiled while sitting in his chair. He walked over and kissed me a few times before working on the music. I missed him. He was working himself into a hole, but at least he was getting to bed at a decent time now. I mean, two in the morning wasn't really decent, but at least he was sleeping... 

"I just don't like how it stops then goes into that..." He sighed while looking more into a few songs from act two. I shrugged and sat on his lap to look at the papers. "It just doesn't make sense." He frowned while taking a bite of his sandwich. 

"Well it's not going to because the melody is... Well different... Then you have it going into this... So... Maybe.." I sighed while reading through the papers. I didn't know how he did any of this.. It was so much work. "Maybe you just need a break." I said while putting the papers down. 

"I am taking a break." He said with a mouthful of food. I shook my head and placed my hands on his cheeks. "What?" He asked. I kissed him and felt his arms wrap around me. 

"You need to take a little break. Enjoy eating your lunch, then get back into writing." I whispered when we broke apart. He nodded and kissed me a few more times. We enjoyed our little break to the point where we didn't even notice that the break was over...

"Hey Lin!"