20

January 2015

Lin's POV

It was opening night for us at the public. I was excited to finally be able to calm down just a little bit. Literally. A fraction of a percent calmer now.

"No, like this." I heard laughter and saw Jasmine and Pippa dancing together. I smiled at the scene that was in front of me. They were really the best of friends. Everyone was nervous, for obvious reasons, but at least this was going to be it. This was going to be he defining moment for us. We had our prayer circle, prayed to god that none of us would mess up anything. Then waited for show time.

"Ready?" I asked Pippa while squeezing her hand lightly.

"As I'll ever be..." She breathed. "Break a leg." She kissed my cheek and I smiled.

"Nah. I think I'll get shot instead." I winked. She rolled her eyes and walked to her spot. I stood in mine waiting for the curtains to rise. Once they did and the music started, the audience hushed and all eyes were on us.

"How does a bastard, orphan..."

By the end of the show, we were completely taken away by the amount of applause and standing ovations. I couldn't help but shed a little tear at the thought of everything going so well tonight. Pippa had a hold of my hand and gave it a light squeeze. Bringing me back into the reality of everything.

Now this show was going to sell!

Pippa's POV

We were going out to celebrate a successful first opening night. I mean, who wouldn't? I finally undid my corset and felt a wave a relief come over me.

"God I hate that thing... but I look so good with the dress on..." I whined.

"Oh hush." Renee laughed. "You look bloated." She pointed out.

"I feel bloated. Jasmine and I went out for Indian food last night so I'm surprised you're still standing." I laughed at Jasmine who shrugged while laughing.

"I didn't eat nearly as much as you did. You food hoarder." She laughed while peeling the sleeves from her arms. All of us changed into casual clothes that were actually comfortable and appropriate for the snow outside.

Lin had grabbed me by my waist and kissed me when I had finally left the dressing room.

"What was that for?" I asked him when we broke apart.

"For having an amazing first night." He smiled. "You were amazing." He whispered.

"Thank you." I smiled and kissed him again.

"When did this happen?!" Leslie and Chris yelled. The rest of the cast, that didn't know about us, had gasped and cheered.

"A while now." I smiled. I was comfortable with them enough to let them know we were together. As long as they didn't know we were together before cast was thrown together I was fine. Everyone cheered for us while Lin bowed. I rolled my eyes at them and walked with my girls out to the venue to party.

~~~

Lin's POV

When we finished partying, it was pretty late. Nearing two in the morning. Pippa and I didn't drink... Well Pippa didn't drink. Usually she did, but she didn't want to risk slipping and falling on the icy sidewalks while drunk.

We got home and everything was blurry, but that was okay. I remembered Pippa helping me to the bedroom and then leaving. Not sure about everything else though.

I woke up to my alarm blaring and Tobi licking my face. I groaned to shut it off and picked up Tobi. She was still licking my face while I held her.

"Tobi, please stop.." I mumbled while setting her on the bed. She jumped off the bed and ran out of the room. I wondered where she was going. So I followed her out into the kitchen to see Pippa making breakfast for us.

"Good morning." She said while flipping a pancake in the pan. "There's aspirin right there." She pointed with the spatula at the counter behind her. She was so thoughtful.

"You always know don't you." I smiled while taking the pills. She laughed and plated me some pancakes. "Today we have another show yay." I said while taking a bite of food.

"No more rehearsals. Just performing." She smiled while turning off the stove. I was just happy to have her here with me. I didn't care too much for anything else. Just here with her was enough.

~~~~

Pippa's POV

When we got to the theatre, most people were already hung over and complaining. Lin was at least medicated enough to deal with it. Renee and I laughed at everyone since we didn't drink at all.

"So you look better today." Renee smiled.

"I actually ate today before we come here so I feel good." I replied to her. She gave me a hug and Jasmine walked in. Of course she joined us in our little group hug.

"Guys why are we hugging?" She asked. "Not that I don't mind it, but..." all of us laughed together and eventually got ready for the show. There were a few changes to the show from Tommy. We were excited to go on day two. You couldn't get anything wrong on day two.