8

Lin's POV

It had been three months since Pippa had kissed me... I felt like she had been avoiding in everything.... Her roommate Jasmine had been doing multiple acting gigs left and right, which worried me for their puppy... Pippa was home every night with the puppy thank god, but I still worried.

"He just needs to get over himself already." I looked up and saw Pippa walking down the hall holding her phone to her ear. "I don't care. If he's going to treat you like that, then he doesn't deserve you." She sighed while digging in her bag. Tobi ran up to her and started jumping on her legs..

"Tobi, come here." I called.

"Hi Tobi." Pippa said while unlocking her door. "Then come over! Jasmine is going to be out of town for the next week. I have an extra room if you don't want to deal with him for the week." She said while walking into her apartment. Tobi ran right to me and sat next to me. She started whining and placed her head on my lap..

" I know... I think I messed up by inviting her over that night too..." I sighed while patting her head.

~~~~

Once a week, Tobi and I sat out in the hall doing our little routine. Pippa would come by and just say hi to Tobi every time... I frowned and eventually stopped it all. She was walking down the hall and I decided to be brave.

"Hey." I waved.

"Hey." She said without looking up.

"I have a question.." I asked. She stopped and finally looked up at me. "How do I get tickets to your show? I've been scouting for cast members for this production and I think that your friends might be good candidates." I shrugged.

"I can get you some.." She mumbled. "I'll tell my director to give me the number and get you at least a little discount..." She shrugged. I stood up and walked over to her. She looked down at the floor. Why would she ignore me all of a sudden?

"Why have you been avoiding me?" I frowned.

"What I did was stupid... I shouldn't have done that..." She sighed. "Please, let me go home..." She looked up at me with tears in her eyes... How was she this upset...?

"Pippa... Please don't think it was stupid..." I frowned. She shook her head and started digging through her bag. I placed my hands on her shoulders and she looked up at me. "Pippa... I promise you I'm not going to be mad at you. I don't hate you either. After that night I literally couldn't get you out of my head... But then I felt like I did something wrong..." I frowned. She shook her head and looked away. I placed my hand on her cheek and wiped the stray tear away with my thumb.

"Lin... I'm sorry..." She sniffed.

"Don't be sorry." I whispered while resting my forehead on hers. "Don't ever be sorry for that." I kissed her softly and it felt amazing... When we broke apart, she had a bit of a smile on her face. "I missed that smile..." I laughed softly.

"I'll get you in the show..." She whispered. "But... Why my show?" She asked.

"I've heard some great reviews about the girl who plays Natasha. I thought I'd give it a chance." I shrugged. She smirked and laughed at me. "What?" I asked.

"She's a wonderful singer. From what I hear, she is pretty cute too." She winked while walking passed me. Now what did that mean?!

~~~

Pippa's POV

I had gotten Lin two tickets so he could cast scout for his musical. I was a little nervous since I wouldn't really know where he would be. Once I told my director about him she handled everything from there.

"You're going to be fine. He'll like the performance." Brittain smiled. I nodded and tried not to think about him. It wasn't even possible that he could've been here already. It was impossible... Yeah, impossible.

When the show finished, multiple spotlights were going to each other, each of us directing who was going to bow next. I was happy! Excited! It was a wonderful audience.

I sat in the dressing room getting everything off of my face when I heard a little tap at my door. Brittain shrugged at me and I went to answer it.

"Yes?" I looked up and saw Lin standing there with another guy I hadn't met before. "Hey! You should've told me you were coming! I would've actually done a good job." I laughed.

"You were amazing! Why didn't you tell me you played Natasha??" He asked. I shrugged and looked down at my feet. "Well, we can speak to you later then? We have a lot to discuss if you don't mind..." He smiled.

"Of course. I'll meet you at the building?" I asked. Lin nodded and the man he was with looked so confused... Like we were speaking in code with one another. Brittain smiled at me, which turned into a laughing fit between the both of us.

When I got home, it was late, but I knocked on Lin's door anyway. It took a minute or two, but the door flew wide open and I was greeted with a smiling Lin.

"That's weird that she knows where you live." The man from earlier laughed.

"She lives across the hall actually." Lin laughed while inviting me inside. The man nodded and looked relieved that I wasn't some crazy stalker person. "Pips, this is Lac. The musical genius helper with the musical." He introduced.

"Nice to meet you." I smiled while extending my hand. He shook it and laughed.

"Pips?" He raised an eyebrow.

"Well, Phillipa, but Pippa works too." I shrugged while sitting on Lin's couch. Lac sat on the other sofa while Lin sat next to me. The papers were stacked neatly on his coffee table but more new papers were scattered in their place. "So, did you need my help contacting the cast members?" I asked him.

"Well, no.. We've been searching for people to play certain parts right now, and well..." Lac started. "You seemed to be a great fit for Eliza." He smiled. "Your vocal range is impeccable, your acting is phenomenal. Where did you study?" He asked with wide eyes.

"Uh, Juilliard." I answered.

"Wow." He breathed.

"Wait, out of all the years I've been your neighbor, you never told me that." Lin frowned.

"Well, you never asked!" I laughed. He shrugged in agreement and looked at Lac.

"Would you consider taking the role as Elizabeth Schuyler Hamilton?" Lin asked with a hopeful smile. How exactly was she and what was I exactly doing? I didn't know.

"I'll take it. When do you want to put the ball rolling?" I smiled.