21

January 2015

Pippa's POV

Things were going great with the shows. Two weeks in and no one was messing anything up majorly. Just a few line skips here and there, the usual things. There were more changes still being done, tweaks to make before critiques came in. 

"Ow. Ow. Ow..." I hissed while I undid my corset. It was causing me so much pain now... It never did when we first did the rehearsals, why was it doing it now? 

"You okay Pip?" Jasmine asked. 

"Yeah... Just, probably tightened it too tight and with the sweat just caused a rash is all." I said while turning in the mirror to look at my backside. It was red, but nothing to cause a lot of pain like it was. I shrugged and threw on my shirt over top of myself and changed into my pants. Renee had already left since she was a pro at getting out of her clothes faster than us. Jasmine was almost finished and was excited to go on another date with Anthony. 

"He's going to take me ice skating." She smiled. 

"Well I hope you two have fun!" I laughed. 

"What about you and Lin? Anything planned?" She smirked. I shook my head and pulled out my phone. If he did, he wasn't telling me. "Too bad. You two hardly go out anymore since this show started." She frowned. 

"Well, obviously we're too busy." I laughed. She shrugged and left the dressing room. I finished getting dressed for the brutal winter and looked down at my stomach. It was red, and a bit rashy from the corset. There was my problem.. I frowned while looking at it in the mirror. I'd have to pick up something for it in the morning. 

"Knock, knock?" I looked up and saw Lin holding a little flower in his hand while opening my dressing room door. "Wonderful as usual!" He said while giving me the carnation. 

"Oh thank you good sir." I faked a curtsy and took the flower from him. He wrapped an arm around me and kissed me quickly. "We should start heading home... I'm exhausted." I sighed. 

"Much more tired than usual I see." He frowned. I nodded and rested my head on his chest. "Well, let's get you home then. Thank goodness it's your day off tomorrow." He smiled. I nodded at the thought and we left the theatre. I couldn't believe how tired I was already. I was getting enough sleep, eating right, and doing whatever I could to be healthy. Why was I this tired? 

When we got home, I felt like I was going to pass out from exhaustion.. Lin sat me on the couch and frowned at my state. 

"Can you go get Nala? Jasmine won't be home for a bit and I worry about the puppy." I frowned. Lin nodded and kissed my head. When he left, my phone vibrated in my pocket. I shrugged and looked at it. It was my little period tracker app since I was terrible at knowing when to pack supplies.. "What the...?" I read the little notification and opened the app... I was late? No. I couldn't be. I just... Wait a minute..... 

"Tobi be nice to our new house guest tonight." I heard Lin tell his puppy. Nala and Tobi were already best of friends since we had them play almost everyday. I wasn't about to say anything to him... I couldn't say anything to him... He would leave me if I told him... "What's wrong?" He asked. 

"Nothing..." I frowned. 

"Pip, you're crying... What is it?" He asked while taking my hands. I shook my head and wiped my tears with my free hands. "Please talk to me.." He whispered. 

"I can't... I just can't..." I frowned. "You'll leave me..." I cried. 

"Pip, I'm not going to leave you... What's wrong?" He frowned. 

"I'm late..." I sniffed. He looked confused at first, but then it hit him. 

"Oh god... New Year's...." He hit himself on the forehead and I continued crying. "Hey, hey. Don't cry..." He quickly said. "It's going to be okay. How late are you?" He asked. 

"I don't know, two maybe three weeks. I should've gotten it by now and I thought it was just stress that was making it late..." I sniffed. He nodded and wrapped his arms around me. "I'm so sorry Lin..." 

"Don't be sorry, it was my fault too." He whispered. I frowned and just kept crying. "I'll get a test. There's a 24 hour mart down the road. You can stay here alright?" He said quietly. I nodded and felt his lips on my forehead. 

"Can you pick up some antibiotic ointment too... The corset gave me a rash..." I whispered. 

"Yes, yes I can." He smiled. 

"Thank you.." I frowned. 

Lin's POV 

I walked down the street to the little shop and walked in to see the cashier reading a magazine. I gave a small smile and found the ointment Pip was wanting, but couldn't find the tests... I walked over to the cashier and he just moved slightly. 

"Um... Do you guys have pregnancy tests?" I asked. 

"Yeah, we keep them back here." He said while grabbing a box. "You need one?" He asked. 

"Yeah... Please." I mumbled. I paid for the things and hurried back home. Pippa needed me... I just hoped that she wasn't pregnant... I mean, if she was, I would help her of course, but we were so busy with our lives already.... We couldn't take care of a kid just yet... When I got back, Pip was curled up with Nala and Tobi on the couch. "Pips... Pippa." I shook her gently and she opened her eyes. "I got it." 

"Right..." She sat up and placed Nala next to Tobi. Both very much asleep already. 

"Are you going to take it now?" I asked her. 

"Better now rather than later..." She sighed while getting up. Guess this was our life changing moment... If she was, very much life changing... If she wasn't, well it would be a big shock to us on how much we really can drink on the holidays..