The Van Allen's vs Hammer of the Gods

The night sky was dark by the time Karoline pulled the Buick off into the parking lot of a hotel, just after the boys in the Impala. "Kari, we should keep going," Alayna told her. "It's only 9 o'clock."

"No way," Karoline protested. "This place looks amazing." With a glance out the window, she added, "Besides. I can barely see the road. This storm is apocalyptic." She looked over at her sister. "You seriously want me to drive in this?"

Alayna snorted at her choice of words. She looked out the windshield. Elysian Fields Motel. She was far too tired. To prove it, she yawned. Rain pounded on the metal roof above her head, its rhythmic beat threatening to lull her into sleep. "Here's the plan. Get out, grab our stuff." Karoline opened the door. "Then run for it." Alayna did as she said, pulling her jacket up over her head before throwing open the door and hurrying after the blonde. She grabbed her bag out of the trunk, and took off toward the hotel. Karoline followed. They burst through the doors, soaking wet, hair plastered to their faces.

"Whew." Karoline let out a long breath, looking around before her eyes rested on the boys who were making their way over to them. They were soaked as well.

"Nice digs, for once." Dean led the way over to the front desk. "Busy night." He leaned against the desk, watching the man.

"Any port in the storm, I guess." The man at the desk let out a chuckle. He slid Dean a form. "If you could just fill this out, please."

"Yeah," Dean complied. Alayna studied the man. Tall, short dark hair, with a black bow tie and a name tag: Chet. He looked old, but in good health.

"Sir, I think you got a little," he motioned to Dean's neck, "shaving nick here." He held out a tissue. Dean looked confused, but held the tissue against his neck. When he pulled it away, there was a spot of blood. He glanced at Sam. "There is only one room open, is that alright?" He asked and the four hunters shared a quick look.

"Yeah, I guess." Karoline nodded with a heavy breath.

"Your key." The man held out a room key.

"Oh, thanks." Dean took it. "Hey, you wouldn't happen to have a coffee shop, would you?"

"Buffet," Chet informed them. "All you can eat. Best pie in the tri-state area." He motioned to their left.

"You don't say," Dean smiled. He looked to his left, contemplating to himself, but then decisively led them up to their room. "Food next," he promised.

They quickly changed into drier clothes. Alayna used a towel to semi-dry her hair before taking a seat on the bed, watching as Karoline pulled her wet hair up into a ponytail. Eventually Dean came out of the bathroom. He pulled on a clean jacket, glancing at the girls. "Hungry?"

Karoline dropped her hands, "definitely."

"Of course." Alayna stood up, following them down the stairs and into the buffet. She heard Sam follow them, running to catch up. Dean and Karoline immediately went to the pie; not that Alayna was surprised. She took a plate and filled it with several egg rolls.

Karoline took a slice of their cherry pie and then a couple of chicken wings. She glanced back at Dean who had plucked the chocolate ball off the top of the cake and ate it. She quirked an eyebrow at him and he shrugged innocently. She shook her head and walked over to a far table where she spotted Alayna, Dean following close behind. Suddenly she felt him stop and backtrack, and looked around to see him stop beside a woman. Black hair cascaded down her dark skin, stopping at the top of a red sleeveless blouse. "How you doing?" Dean asked, letting out one of his charming smiles.

"No."

Dean looked blank. "But..."

"No," she repeated.