Lily

I woke up to Zak getting dressed. He looked over at me as I sat up, holding his sheets close to my chest.

"Where are you going?"

"I have to go work on the museum. How was your nap?"

I smiled and bit my lip. "Rejuvenating." I crawled down to the bottom of the bed and and sat on my knees, wrapping my arms around his chest from behind and kissing his neck.

"Why weren't we doing this sooner?" I whispered in his ear, kissing his cheek.

He shook his head.

"Because you were dating someone else."

I hummed and planted one last kiss on his cheek before slumping back onto the bed and covering back up.

"I'll see you later. Will you be here?" he asked.

"I might be in late, Lily wants to meet up."

"Alright. Let me know, i guess?"

"Will do. Have fun at the hell building." He laughed and waved, shutting the bedroom door behind him. I smiled and buried my face in my hands. The last 24 hours had been insane.

My close friend Lily and I hadn't hung out in a while-- the past few weeks had been a lot for me, and she didn't have a lot of time off. She was a tattoo artist and was doing pretty well for herself. She had texted me a few days ago to hang out tonight, and I figured no time would be better.

Especially because I needed to share what was going on with Zak with someone, and Lily was the only one of my friends who wasn't a) on the team and/or b) also one of Zak's friends. And I didn't exactly want to call my brother to tell him that Zak and I had been jumping bones for the past two days.

__

"Alli!" She shouted and opened her arms as I walked into the bar.

"Hey Lil!" I hugged her and sat beside her, asking for a water for me and a gin for her.

We caught up on a few things, me feeling like I was telling the same story for the thousandth time. I had let her know that Danny and I split around when it had happened, so we talked about that for a little while, and I let her know my new living situation.

"You know, not that I wanted to tell you this when you were together, but I always kind of felt like Danny wasn't the one for you."

I cocked my head at her and swallowed a sip of my drink.

"How do you mean?"

"All I mean is that you two are so different. Danny works in an office cubicle for an insurance company, you travel the world hunting ghosts. You're creative and a free-thinker, you face things everyday that a ton of people would be afraid to face once in a lifetime. He's a little bit of a square. You guys are so opposite."

"Yeah--"

"You and Zak, on the other hand..." She cut me off and winked as she went on. "You two are closer than any two people I've ever met, it would make me jealous if I was less secure in how great of a friend I am." I smiled and started playing with my hands. Her hand jutted out and I jumped as she grabbed my wrist

"Mary Allison Gray, you're blushing! Spill it lady!!"

"I'm about to!" I exclaimed, pointing to my glass of water that I steadied and set down on the counter.

"Don't keep me hangin, what's going on between you two?"

"I honestly don't know."

"You don't know? Hell does that mean?" I looked around to make sure I didn't have anybody leering at me in the totally obvious "I-know-who-you-are-but-i'll-pretend-i-don't" way, and when I saw it was clear pulled my collar to side, revealing one of Zak's love bites on my shoulder.