The cliff

*Snows POV*

As I dropped to my knees, his words pierced into my heart. I had always been taught to live in fear of who I was, trying to hide it and never show it to anyone. I really was a monster.

*Misterias POV*

After all that had happened, the physical pain Snow had endured since she got to the lodge, none of it accounted to what she must be feeling now.

After years and years of hiding in the shadows, of not showing who she really was, this was how it had happened.

*Snows POV*

I felt arms wrap around me, and first off I thought it was Misteria, since she was the only person I had trusted with my secret, but it wasn't. "Shhh, it's okay Snow." Garroth whispered into my ear, trying to calm me.

I pulled away, trying to get him to let go of me. "Please, leave me alone, I'm a monster just like he said. I lied to you all." But he didn't let go, he held me tighter, pushing my hair off my face. I forced closed my eyes, not wanting to hurt him. "Snow, your not a monster. You were just trying to protect yourself and that's okay. Please just look at me."

I shook my head, keeping my eyes closed. "I-I can't! They... they might be silver... and I don't want to hurt anyone! I was born to kill! I'm a weapon!" He sighed, clearly hurt by my words. "Snow... that might have been before... but that's not you! I know you Snow! Your quirky and you are your own person, and frankly I don't care what you were born to do! I love you Snow, and that's all that matters to me, and to all of us. We don't care what colour your ears and tail are or what species you class as, none of that matters to us." I slowly opened my eyes, but as I did so, I heard a scream.

I jumped up and spun around. Aphmau had Aaron at the edge of the cliff. She held the knife at him. He was covered in scratches and wounds, clearly not wanting to try and push her away. He was determined to help her get free of this potion. I could see she was about the push him over the edge, there was no time to fail this now.

I ran forward and grabbed hold of Aphmaus arm. She swung around, catching me with the knife. I was already covered in older scars which hurt, but one more didn't make a difference. I tried to restrain her, and push her away from Aaron, but she was strong than she looked. Each time she pushed me away, I bounced back, trying my hardest to hold her off.

She pushed me back, turning to Aaron. In those few seconds I froze. I didn't know what to do, there was nothing I could do, she lunged at him, forcing the knife into his chest.

He hovered there for a few seconds, and I felt Misteria run up beside me. I turned to her, a idea forming in my head. As soon as her eyes met with mine she shook her head. "No way snow! I'm not gonna let you do that! Aaron might be dead and I can't let you risk yourself to save him if he is lost!" I sighed and hugged her. "I'm sorry Misty, but I have to try."

When I turned back to Aphmau, my heart froze. I had to do it now, or I might lose sight of him as he fell. She was about to push him, when I lost control of what I was doing.

I could feel my mind, it was peaceful, like all the drama had just disappeared. But Aaron was still there. I saw his body drifting over the edge, but as I tried to reach out and grab him, white particles drifted from around me. They moved to where I sent them, following my hands. I was using magic... but none like I had ever used before. But I guess that isn't unusual, since there will always be some abilities I have that I will never learn.

The white particles surrounded Aaron, formed a huge clump until I could no longer see him. I had no idea how this magic would work, but I guessed that it would weaken the further away he got, and I'm pretty sure at my strength I couldn't protect him from the 300ft drop while all the way up here. So I took action of my first thought, I jumped.

As I fell, my thoughts came back to me. The sedation of falling, the fear, and most of all, the concentration to keep these thoughts away. I must have gotten close enough to Aaron as I dropped to ensure my safety as well, but that's when everything spun out of control.

As we neared the ground, rocks started to jut out from the side of the cliff. I hadn't watched out for them, because of the fact I was entirely focused on the magic I was controlling.

Suddenly, my body smashed against the side of the cliff, spinning me out of vision from Aaron, meaning my spell was broken. Just in time i managed to grab hold of a ledge, hanging on with only one hand. It took up a lot of my strength to hang on, but I had to do it. I spun my head around and recast the spell just in time for Aaron to hit the snow covered ground below me.

I sighed in relief, but I spoke too quickly, my my arm gave way and I fell. I pushed myself off the side of the cliff, making sure I didn't land I top of Aaron. I was falling again, but this time I had no chance to cast my magic.